Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Needed: Trunk Emblem Retainer Ring For 63-64GT/63 Larks (SI Part #1353370W)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Needed: Trunk Emblem Retainer Ring For 63-64GT/63 Larks (SI Part #1353370W)

If anyone has the above part for sale, please PM me.

Thanks,
    Joe

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
    If anyone has the above part for sale, please PM me. Thanks, Joe
    So I take it you are looking for the NOS original 1353370W not the S.I. reproduction Ring?

Or, are they out of the repros?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      So I take it you are looking for the NOS original 1353370W not the S.I. reproduction Ring?

Or, are they out of the repros?
      Hi Rich,
      I shoulda mentioned in the OP that SI, and Chuck Collins are both out of the repops, and have been for awhile.

Those same two sources are also currently out of gold "GranTurismo" door script, and gold door chevrons. However, I am not so concerned about that, since I am probably gonna use chrome versions anyway. From what I have seen, the gold repops do not hold up to regular exposure to weather. The gold "GranTurismo" on my 62GT are less than five years old, but have really deteriorated. Chrome holds up much better, and I believe I can get those. Only problem with trying to go "all chrome" instead of correct gold, is that the chrome pillar "birds" are not available, at least not that I have found yet.

Thanks,
      Joe
      Last edited by JoeHall; 06-29-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Joe,
        Sent you a PM
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
          Joe,
          Sent you a PM
          Thanks Chris,
          I sent you one back.

Comment

studebakerparts.com shows having repops for $40.00 put part # in search box to locate

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
              studebakerparts.com shows having repops for $40.00 put part # in search box to locate
              Thanks.
              Don't know how I missed that. But a helpful NG member here has offered a nice used one, which I have thankfully purchased.

Matter of fact, I prefer NOS or very good used (no pits) for all the outside emblems and script. I am also planning to go with 1964 type, all chrome for those parts, versus the "correct" gold for 62-63.

Repop is OK sometimes, but not always. For example, I have had 56-61 type Hawk hood scoop grill in use now for at least a decade, and it is still good as new, but made in Taiwan. OTOH, I have the repop gold door script on the 62GT only about 3-4 years old, that looks like crap already.
              Thanks Again,
              Joe

Comment

I think I have a excellent used one but not sure its for a hawk or a lark trunk lid . the chrome ring has a little edge around the ring and has three pins that fasten it to trunk
                What is the diameter of the ring you need and is there any numbers in the ring casting ? I can't see any part number inside ring but there is a casting number 1065 or 065 ?
                The chrome is perfect
                Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Originally posted by 58 Hawk View Post
                  I think I have a excellent used one but not sure its for a hawk or a lark trunk lid . the chrome ring has a little edge around the ring and has three pins that fasten it to trunk
                  What is the diameter of the ring you need and is there any numbers in the ring casting ? I can't see any part number inside ring but there is a casting number 1065 or 065 ?
                  The chrome is perfect
                  Joe
                  Joe,
                  I have located one, and it should be here soon. Thanks anyway though.
                  Joe

Comment

The "gold" on the Granturismo script is gold anodized pot metal.
                    Anyone ever considered actually gold plating the originals?
                    Any jewelers in this crowd that can do that at $2000.00 an ounce?
                    Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                      Robert Kapteyn
                      I used anodized brass belt buckles in the military for many years and it holds up well. Anodized Stude emblems would be fine, but the repops appear to be painted gold.

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                        Robert Kapteyn
                        I wish gold was $2000 an ounce. For fun and stress relief I pan for gold. Right now I've got an ounce jar about 1/8th full and a full ounce is only bringing $1300. The highest it ever got in the time that I learned how to prospect was $1700 and I should have cashed in some of my jars then; instead I waited hoping it would go to $2000. Between scrapping pop cans, panning for gold, and working for Studebaker International, now you know how I really pay for my old car habit.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                        X