South African Studebaker Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African Studebaker Encounter

I was on my way home from a quick trip to South Africa yesterday, patiently waiting in the departure lounge of Durban International Airport when I spotted a man wearing a Studebaker shirt. I thought I was seeing things....and I had already enjoyed a couple of Scotch and drys. So I went up to him and introduced myself as a fellow SDC member and we exchanged details. Turns out that he is a member of the local Studebaker club and the proud owner of a RHC 1957 Silver Hawk and a 1942 Champion coupe. Both he and his wife were very friendly and we could have chatted for hours if time had permitted. Lucky for the Stude logo shirt or I would have never met them!

Chris.

We're like a secret club that is trying NOT to be secret.
    How about if we designate one day of the week (Friday?) as "Wear your Studebaker shirt day".
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

It proves that this really is an international club.

Chris.

Comment

Sounds like a much more pleasant air port experience than most have these days. Really a great coincidence----good for you and the SDC folks you met up with.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          How about if we designate one day of the week (Friday?) as "Wear your Studebaker shirt day".
          not a bad idea! but i think maybe a Saturday would work out better for the folks that work (and have a dress code)... i'd also say Sunday, but wonder if going to church in a Studebaker "T" would be appropriate - maybe a collared one that's available from our vendors?
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
          X