Shifter needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter needed

Gentelmen: I am in need of a floor shifter and shifter levers to fit a 56 Stude transmision. Anyone having one please PM me. Iwill be at Colorado Springs Mon- Wed if anyone coming to the show is coming and could bring it, I would appreciate it. Thank you!! Bob Fish

I take your looking for a floor 3 spd shifter ?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hi, Yes, I am looking for a three speed shifter. Do you have one to spare?

Comment

Ya gotta work with us here. There are maybe five different three-speed transmission possibilities for '56 Studebakers:

T96 with and without overdrive
        T86 with and without overdrive
        T85 with overdrive.

Then, there are sedans, C/K and trucks. Each can have a couple of possibilities for placement.

Are you planning on drag racing (Hurst is the only way to go) or just a driver? A driver could use an old Ansen, Sparkomatic, CalCustom, JCWhitney, Honest Charley.

Do you want a show chrome shifter or just a driver?

I've got a couple of shifters, but won't be bringing the to the IM. If you don't find what you need there, PM me afterwards.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Sorry, the transmision is an automatic. I was thinking 3 speed automatic. The transmision came out of a '56 commander. I want to convert it to a floor shifter, rather than the collumn shifter it is supposed to be. Part of the reason is that I don't have the necessary linkage, plus I would like it better. Bob Fish

Comment

Holly COW, an AUTOMATIC floor shifter?

For a Flight-O-Matic trans. the Column shifter would be plenty good enough since little shifting is required.

If you do occasionally do the full throttle Low, Drive, Low shuffle for performance driving, the column may still be better, maybe not as sporty looking, but nowadays it is considered pretty cool and different.

The throttle pressure rod and shifter rod should be available if you are connected to the SDC.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Spendy but made for hot rods............ Never bought anything from them but, figured it might help http://www.slickstreetstuff.com/

Comment

Working...
              X