'54 Studebaker Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '54 Studebaker Wagon

I am trying to help a Friend save this Wagon . It is a 6 cyl. / 3 spd. / OD . He has an offer of 3K . It need full restoration . Good for parts as all are there on quick glance . I is real close to the road on an abandoned Farm . Both are for sale . He is not a Car Affection-ado . I am a motorhaed and will send you information to contact the owner . L. Door window glass and vent are cracked . It was light blue , re-paint burgandy , re-paint light blue . It shows on the Firewall . I would hate this stolen or scrapped .
    Thanx ..

Please post some pictures and a better description. It's not clear if you are talking about one or two cars?

Comment

Your inquiry is not clear, John.

$3,000 would be every dollar and more for a 1954 Champion wagon in the condition you describe. Angola is in the extreme NE corner of Indiana, the buckle of the rust belt. Unless the car has spent almost its whole life elsewhere, most of us can safely predict its condition between what you've said and the location.

But we still don't know: Who's buying, who's selling, and where does a $3,000 figure enter into all this? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If he has an offer of $3k, I would recommend he take it. I paid $900 for the one in my signature with a decent body and frame, and a motor that was not hard to get running.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Advise your friend to take the $3K and not look back............
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I would like to post Pictures . He hasn't seen the 3 K nor the Interested Party nor heard from him . He just pointed out the value of the Parts still there . It sits close to the road in front of the Barn it was recently liberated from . Stored there since the '70's ? The Farm and car are both for sale . The Farm is abandoned . We both think the "Buyer" will either remove the Stud or pilfer what he wants . Mostly all there . It is indeed a Rustbelt Car . My 'Puter won't move Pics . I am going to try to use his phone to connect and Post pics . The rust makes it look almost a twin for the one pictured here . I will give you the Information about the Stud to interested Parties . Also Contact Information for the owner . PM Me .. I'll see what I can do for Pics .

Comment

7/13/13 Up date ; I contacted a Hot Rod Group on this . I cannot do pics as my Computer won't do it since I installed Norton on my Dial - Up Connection . IMHO ;
              Is is a shame no-one here wants this project Barn Find . This is not a prank . God Bless .. Thanx ..

Comment

Being barn fresh and in there so long....I would take the 3k fast.

Comment

So how does a person get in touch with him? It might be helpful to share a phone number.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The 54 wagon is a rare and desireable car, but if too rusty the value when restored does not warrant the cost of restoration. Pictures and more information would be beneficial to anyone developing interest in it.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Get pictures to someone that can upload them. Who's still on dial-up in 2013?
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                      X