Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone mind hauling a 53 Commander coupe from NorCal to the Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone mind hauling a 53 Commander coupe from NorCal to the Springs?

I'll have my 53 Commander coupe paid for and ready to be hauled by that time. Is anyone interested in hauling it from 94949 (Novato, CA) to the Springs? I'm looking for a less expensive alternative to an auto transport company.
    www.spannerbird.com
    Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

My experience is that commercial haulers can usually do it cheaper than an individual with a one-car hauler.

I buy cars from all over the country for customers. I heve a new enclosed trailer that I use, but only for certain situations- like an extra-tight deadline, or a high-dollar car that needs my personal pickup, custody, and care. Ninety percent of the time I can get a safe, quality haul done a fair amount cheaper than I can do it myself. The downside is it takes longer, and you have to trust the hauler. I always use Peg Trucking, and have never had a problem.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I was thinking more of someone who might happen to be coming from that area and could transport for less than transport company. Peg gave me a quote of $1,300.
      www.spannerbird.com

Comment

That sounds a little high to me, the last car I had hauled from Ohio to Washington was just under $800. About 4 years back though. Can't remember the hauler, but it was through a haulers bidding service as I recall.
        Corley

Comment

Does the vehicle run and drive? Quotes are always much higher if they don't run.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Nope, it doesn't run. But it rolls, bakes, and all that.
            www.spannerbird.com

Comment

Working...
            X