We begin journey to IM 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We begin journey to IM 2013

Yesterday,Friday, we left home at 9!00 am for the three hour ride to the Atlanta airport. We arrived in Denveer around 3 o'clock and rented a car for the five hour ride to Pagosa Springs in southwest Colorado. We're staying the week before the IM tho revisit some of our favorite places in that part of the state.

Always on the lookout for interesting bumper stickers, at an intersection we found ourselves behind a yellow Ford truck from Pa. With a "Bail out Studebaker" sticker. We followed them into a restaurant parking lot and found the occupants of the truck were Tom. And Nancy from Lancaster, Pa. They had also come out to Colorado a week early. Tom was going to ride his motorcycle up Pike's Peak today.

There was spall of smoke in the air from a forest fire other than the one near Colorado Springs. As it got dark you could see the glow from the fire to the west. We were close to South Fork, about fifty miles from Pagosa Springs when we came to a roadblock. The road was closed because of the fire. We had to backtrack , then come around.fto New Mexico, and up to Pagosa Springs, this took an additional four hours. Just as we got into Pagosa Springs, I was stopped by a policeman for doing 53mph in a 45 mph zone. He let me go after hearing out story. Completely exhausted, we had to search about thirty minutes for our condo after registering only to find that the keys didn't work. Finally, after going back to the office and getting the keys re programmed, we fell in bed.

See you next week in Colorado Springs. Excuse my typing. I am trying to use my wife's iPad.

Looking forward to going , we leave Thursday ....can't wait!
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Gald you made it through the fires. I hope to leave a week from today... not sure if the truck will be done or not.Click image for larger version

Name:	1949 pickup project.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	1680430 Still got a bit of work to do.

Comment

Glad to hear the fires are dying down! We leave a week from today. Can't wait!

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X