1955 sedan frame request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 sedan frame request

Got a call today from a long time Studebaker enthusiast who needs a clean frame for a '55 Champion 4 door.
    Thought I would post here to see if anyone in the MN-WI-IA-Dakota area might have one.
    I believe the sedans used a 116.5" and would like to verify what years will work.1953 through 1958 sedans is correct?
    Mono mind in a stereo world

I believe that is correct Bob, 53 to '56 may be a bit better fit though because of the longer 1/4 Panel on '57-'58.
    Of course I have a '54 and a '55 here, that would work but wrong area as always.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Beware the LWB sedan models!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Beware the LWB sedan models!!
        The long wheel base is only applicable to the President Sedan. Both Champion and Commander used the shorter wheel base in sedan version.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
          The long wheel base is only applicable to the President Sedan. Both Champion and Commander used the shorter wheel base in sedan version.
          And Land Cruiser.....problem is, You should not assume that everyone knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            And Land Cruiser.....problem is, You should not assume that everyone knows that.
            The question addressed the 1955 models. In 1955 the Land Cruiser was replaced with the President Sedan.
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
              The question addressed the 1955 models. In 1955 the Land Cruiser was replaced with the President Sedan.
              That is incorrect. The poster is asking if ALL '53-'58 sedan frames will interchange.....That's why I 'red flagged' the LWB models.

Comment

I have a complete rolling chassis from a 55 Champion [116 1/2 "]
                Frame is solid and rust free.
                Parts car for my 55 President [120 1/2"].
                Looks like the car was restored then taken off the road for some reason. Then sat in a barn.
                Suspension all new and tight, new brakes, drums, shoes, master and wheel cylinders.
                Body rot in odd places, floor in great shape.
                I got it with no engine and partially stripped/taken apart.
                Wrong area for your use. Shipping would suck.
                53-54 Landcruiser, 55 President State Sedan, 56 President "Classic" = 120 1/2".
                56 President = 116 1/2"
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                X