GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk

I really like the painted grille treatment on this GT Hawk.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Yes that does look very good. I like it better than some of the 55s with all their front chrome painted.
    Tom
    sigpic

Comment

Looks good, probably cheaper than having the grill replated. Not sure what the emblem is on the top?? Wonder how it would look keeping the mesh chrome?

Comment

For some reason you can make changes like this when painted black any other color might not look as good,my 62 custom and my grandsons 62 have the early heavy hawk grill. and both cars are black

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Agreed. Probably would only work in black.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I LOVE it...But I love all GT Hawks...For some reason it puts me in mind of a 1955 continental mark ii?
            Thanks,
            Tony

Comment

Would be interesting to see it in another body color. For whatever reason, I agree it looks better in darker than it probably would in lighter colors. For whatever reason, when the "paint all the trim body color" fad was underway, there were some white cars which just became refrigerators.

BTW, did '63 GTs come with the front bumper guards standard? Those are the first thing I remove on any C/K, but GTs are much cleaner without them.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
              X