ChopStu Lark first stages of interior. Pics as of 10-6-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChopStu Lark first stages of interior. Pics as of 10-6-13

Surfs up everyone, guy's who do this stuff more often than I have mixed up some surf board foam to begin the early beginings of the Larks interior.

Enjoy, Please excuse the cell phone photos.

Custom mold if you will

The Big Blob,

And some initial sanding, while not quite the finished product you can see the direction. The oval is a Dakota Digital controller for
    the A/C. not a vent, the vent(s) (crossing fingers) will pull down from the dash just above it

There's some (Neat to me) ideas on the passenger side I'll reveal later on once they get sanded in.

Foam will eventually be covered in fiberglass then removed leaving the shell, you know, to save weight for the Stude drags !
    Ha, this (project) car was never designed to be on a strip.

And last. passenger window surrounds, finally tiged together matching the chop.
    Also a new panel made for this side matching the driver side. (Removeable for acess I didn't mention that the last time)

I'll have more later
    . And here they are.

Concept One LS belt system, Anodized clear, Compressor and Alternator are chrome, flash does nothing for them.
    Went Anodized instead of polished because upkeep takes too much time.

Sanden s-7 compressor (fittings will be changed to straight and go right through the inner fender)
    140-145 amp alternator.

Air Ride Technologies, 5 gallon Air Pod system, with upgraded compressor thats found in many Mercedes, Aston Martins etc
    E3 Ride Pro controller with the Electric, Level Pro height sensors.
    Level pro compensates for added passengers or weight without having to manually adjust air into shockwaves.

Through the Passenger door looking back towards the back seat.

Slide in battery box.

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 10-06-2013, 08:52 AM. Reason: Added a picture, and updating the calendar date
    61 Lark

sigpic

Looking good. Nice work.

Comment

hot dang!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I'm not sure that's the "climatizer" they had in mind in the '61 Lark advertisements!!! Looks better and more impressive with every picture you post.

Comment

Lark's not made for the drags???
          A friend of mine, a former professional MoPar drag-racer, says "all them kids who see the movies & think you can buy a 'Cuda or a Roadrunner with a 440 Magnum & six-pack & are so sure they're gonna do wheelies with those cars, it never happens!"
          Well... a Lark is a short (!) & light car & with a beefy engine in it... "was never designed to be on a strip"...??? ...maby not from the begining but...
          How about some GOOD-gripping tires?

Comment

Kevin

That's a great idea for custom creation of dash and console assemblies. Great to see you forging ahead fearlessly again.

Bob

Comment

Those magazines on the floorboard look questionable young man.

Haha!

Looks good that is a skill I definitely don't have.

Dean.

Comment

Looks good Kevin can't wait to see the finished product mate
                cheers Ash

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post

Foam will eventually be covered in fiberglass then removed leaving the shell, you know, to save weight for the Stude drags !
                  Ha, this car was never designed to be on a strip.
                  Nice work..

Is the foam console able to be removed from the car now so it can be covered in fiberglass?

Comment

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                    Lark's not made for the drags???
                    A friend of mine, a former professional MoPar drag-racer, says "all them kids who see the movies & think you can buy a 'Cuda or a Roadrunner with a 440 Magnum & six-pack & are so sure they're gonna do wheelies with those cars, it never happens!"
                    Well... a Lark is a short (!) & light car & with a beefy engine in it... "was never designed to be on a strip"...??? ...maby not from the begining but...
                    How about some GOOD-gripping tires?
                    Lost in translation? I'm well aware of a Larks "performability" BP and others document and prove this at the drag strip quite a few times a year.

I never planned for my project to be a drag strip car. A well powered and appointed Cruiser was goal #1.
                    The 10 bolt rear diff. wasn't prepped for strip use. I would have strengthened the frame different for occasional strip use.
                    Hope that clarifies my (project) not "designed" for strip use.
                    As for grip- I think the 265/45/18x9 wheels and tires would do just fine

Rknight- give them more than they expect

Thanks Bob- away we go.

Ash- you and me both. Anxious for the first drive.

Dean- the shop working on the car now has a friend in the Print business. He gets all sorts of card stock posters to cut up for templates.

SScopelli- yes the console can and will be removed to lay fiberglass over, then the foams removed (knife/mild bead blast, fingernails etc) leaving just the glass shell. Eventually Ultra Leather will cover that.
                    Should be room to run a vent duct through the console to reach back passengers as well.
                    Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 06-14-2013, 06:19 PM.
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Wow! how spendy is that stuff, looks like a great way to do custom stuff. I saw a place using this method to make a custom body kit for a mustang, looked easy to use.

Comment

Dont forget to drill some big holes for that favorite drink. Make it 2 holes. that hot chick may want a drink also.
                        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

"Lost in translation?"
                          Yeah sure, I'm sorry if I I irritated you, that wasn't my goal.
                          I apologize.

Comment

I really enjoy seeing the processes people use to create custom stuff. Really looks like it is coming along nicely. Thanks for the pic the other day by the way.

Pat
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                              "Lost in translation?"
                              Yeah sure, I'm sorry if I I irritated you, that wasn't my goal.
                              I apologize.
                              No problem at all, and no irritation what so ever. My train of thought goes faster than I can type on an Iphone at times.
                              If your in the States sometime when the car's done.....A drive with me should happen.
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X