39K original mile '63 Lark on Racing Junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39K original mile '63 Lark on Racing Junk

Looks super clean. No set price he is looking for offers.

Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

I tried to buy this car a few weeks ago. Guy was out if town & was supposed to call me when he returned. I lost his number and ad deleted. Ill call him again tomorrow he's only a half an hour from me.
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

you didn't ask....but as an educational discussion: I'm guessing $2200. buys this car nicely if there are no PA rust issues. To make it a fun V8, after drivetrain, springs, brakes etc.....you're still upside down.....now if you chase the R-engine with all updated mods....you've got quite a bit more, but...any takers ??

Comment

Heater, wheel covers & white wall tires are the only options I see on the car. I wonder why the steering wheel has its finish all worn off for only 39,000 miles? Other than that, by the pictures it looks like a great car. Oh yeah, it has front bumper guards too.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I think the steering wheel is a replacement. It looks distinctly Chestnut, but the interior's red.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The dash looks nice and the interior looks nice, like a low mile car, but some other things like the steering wheel say "be careful before buying it".
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
              you didn't ask....but as an educational discussion: I'm guessing $2200. buys this car nicely if there are no PA rust issues. To make it a fun V8, after drivetrain, springs, brakes etc.....you're still upside down.....now if you chase the R-engine with all updated mods....you've got quite a bit more, but...any takers ??
              ive been looking for a clean 63 with a sixer to put my JTSJ311 R2 4spd into. It's a full package clone but in a 62 body. The one in my sig pic. This car would be perfect.
              John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post
                ive been looking for a clean 63 with a sixer to put my JTSJ311 R2 4spd into. It's a full package clone but in a 62 body. The one in my sig pic. This car would be perfect.
                John remember your 62 has disk brakes and a TT rear end also, I know the past owner did all the work in my shop, and I originally hauled it from Indiana to California for him.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Hey Bob how ya been. I remember I'm thinking if swapping everything over so I can race it In pure stocks. Not sure yet if ill actually do that but that car is clean I'm going to look at it tomorrow likely buying it.
                  John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Passed on the lark today. NOT in my opinion a 39K mile car. However it would not be a bad car for someone as a project for the right price but just wasnt what I was looking for. It ran really smooth and body was decent. Had some frame rust.
                    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Hey John.. I have a friend with a '63 Lark two door. Only 25K original miles, but it was restored after a truck backed into the passenger door (replaced with NOS). Never any rust ever. 6 cylinder overdrive with AC, power brakes, etc.. The car has had a LOT of work done to it. Could be driven anywhere comfortably. The only thing it needs to be show worthy are rechromed bumpers. My friend has owned it since 1998, he bought it with 18K miles on it. Give me a call if you're interested.. Not cheap, but it's a nice, nice car.

Last edited by mbstude; 06-14-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I know that gold car. Clean as a whistle. Very nice and guaranteed to please. jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                        X