Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this grille Studebaker??? if so is anyone interested??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this grille Studebaker??? if so is anyone interested??

I came across this early 30's grille and not sure what it fits looks like maybe Studebaker if so is anyone interested in it as I will sell it here before going to e-bay....Bob

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Could be wrong, but I'm thinking Terraplane.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Studebaker cab over truck?

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
        That was my first thought also. Got any measurements?
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Not a Studebaker. Trust me.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Looks early post-war British to me.

Craig

Comment

Regardless of make...it would be a great candidate centerpiece grille for someone building a late 20's to early 30's Rod. Either plated or painted, flanked by a couple of pod headlights...that thing would be great. Hope it finds a home with a talented builder.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                Here's a pic of a (supposed) Studebaker COE (Ace) grill that is hanging in my shop.
                Never did the provenance on it, but it looks nothing like the OP pic.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hud.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1680262Here's what I think it might be...'33 Hudson. Cool piece. To the right person it's priceless. Good luck finding 'that person'.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    Here's a pic of a (supposed) Studebaker COE (Ace) grill that is hanging in my shop.
                    Never did the provenance on it, but it looks nothing like the OP pic.

Jeff; That is not a Studebaker either. At least the grille isn't. Someone attached the Studebaker name plate to the grille off something else.
                    Richard Quinn

Comment

Good to know.... I bought it for a wall hanger anyways....
                      So...Instead of a cheap Studebaker grille, I bought an expensive Studebaker grille badge
                      (If it had a plaque on it, I would have known)

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                      Jeff; That is not a Studebaker either. At least the grille isn't. Someone attached the Studebaker name plate to the grille off something else.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                        Good to know.... I bought it for a wall hanger anyways....
                        So...Instead of a cheap Studebaker grille, I bought an expensive Studebaker grille badge
                        (If it had a plaque on it, I would have known)
                        a "tribute" grille???
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

My first "GUESS" would be a Studie cab over, No matter someone should fall in love with it.

Comment

I concur with Chris and Chris; 'not sure of the year or model, but 'looks like a '30s Hudson or Terraplane piece. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              I concur with Chris and Chris; 'not sure of the year or model, but 'looks like a '30s Hudson or Terraplane piece. BP
                              I am thinking NOT. Cars of that era still had the opening for the crank at the bottom.
                              Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                              X