Sometimes CL posters do drugs they shouldn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes CL posters do drugs they shouldn't

I'll take it!! I saw one for a custom 500 HP chevy celebrity rear wheel drive, and bunch of other things. The picture showed a rusty celebrity with a teenage mutant ninja turtle super glued to the hood.

Comment

drugs...or too much time on their hands...actually its very funny, this on the other hand, well.... cheers, Junior

sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

This could be someone with a terrific sense of humor. My other guess is that it's a "honeypot" for scammers. I used to work with a group of people who would combat online scammers. It's VERY common for craigslist scammers to use software to pull email addresses in bulk and mass email generic messages like "I am interested in the item you have for sale. How much for it delivered to my location in (wherever)?" To combat these people, the good guys sometimes post ads so silly that nobody in their right mind will respond to, reducing the number of people you need to filter through to find the real scammers. It's a truly fascinating subculture that plays out without hardly anyone ever noticing it's there.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          drugs...or too much time on their hands...actually its very funny, this on the other hand, well.... cheers, Junior

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ491725628
          Ouch... Doctor, it hurts when I look at it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think he is being facious.
            Tony

Comment

Thanks for the post DrP. Seems like a good way to fight cabin fever at little or no costs.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by tony58 View Post
                I think he is being facious.
                Tony
                It took me a minute, but I guess that you mean facetious.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  It took me a minute, but I guess that you mean facetious.
                  Yep,thats what I trying to say.The funny part is I never could spell ,so I ask my wife how to spell that word and she is a good speller--I THOUGHT...
                  Thanks,
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X