New Here, Excited to check things out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here, Excited to check things out

Well, I joined here awhile ago, but never got around to posting, so here goes! I got into Studebakers when I was little because my dad has a '64 Champ (he still has it). Ever since I first saw it, I loved it. When I was about 10, I found out about Larks from a big book on 60's cars, and got into them from there.

A few years back we went to California, and I picked up a '60 Lark 4 Door, with 259, and a little after that I got a '63 Champ. I love both of them; the Champ especially needs a bit of work, but it runs well, and I'm very glad to have it. Just need to put some more time into it.

I really like Hawks, but for some reason have an inclination towards the GT models, for some unexplained reason I'm probably most fond of the '63. It's definitely on my dream list.

I have been attempting to keep my eye out for a 59' - '61 Lark Wagon (If it's a '61, I'm looking for single headlights) that is in decent shape. My wife, although not a big Studebaker person, tends to like Wagons better, and I'm pretty fond of them myself.

Besides Studebakers, I'm into keeping Rabbits, Cichlids, and have probably too many other hobbies. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Welcome, I think a lot of the people here are into TOO many hobbies. Kind of like an addiction, It can take away from you dream list though. I am on one of the important cars on my bucket list and I am nearly 69. So, it now goes slow.

Comment

Welcome to (being active on) the forum!

As a toddler, some of my earliest memories are sitting in the front seat of my grandpa's '60 Lark, watching the road pass underneath through the holes in the floor pans I was hooked ever since.

I think the '62 redesign on the hawks was a very good thing. I'd love a GT myself!

Again, welcome. Get some pics of your cars posted. We thrive on photos
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Yeah, I'll have to get some photos on here. Spent some time yesterday replacing the fuel pump on the Lark. Thing must've been going out for awhile, now the car starts up, and runs great.

Comment

If it's the original fuel pump don't throw it away! Those cores are getting hard to come by and a rebuilt original is far better than the new airtex brand that's available.

Originally posted by LarkChamp View Post
          Yeah, I'll have to get some photos on here. Spent some time yesterday replacing the fuel pump on the Lark. Thing must've been going out for awhile, now the car starts up, and runs great.
          sigpic

1962 Daytona
          1964 Cruiser
          And a few others

Comment

It wasn't original, it looks like it had been replaced at one time before. The one we used to replace it, looked almost exactly the same as the one that was in there (the replacement we used was a Carter).

Comment

If it's a Carter, keep it for the core. You'll be glad you did!
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
              X