In addition of R4 " Tribute " progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In addition of R4 " Tribute " progress

So I'm looking through this thread.and just gotta ask of you who feel the Tribute ID plate is useless,do you also feel that "hey why do'nt you just get a copy of the build sheet",so you'll know what your car/truck has or should have for options and such ! (for accuracy) a big waste of time and useless ??? is'nt that really so the owner knows what is what,and a GOOD selling tool for all concerned ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Joe, Good thought......But You're assuming build sheets will ALWAYS be readily available. Hopefully they will be, but ???? Also, how many high end (or low end) auctioneers will bring an auction to a halt while a prospective buyer contacts the SNM? I think We can all agree that production records of, say, the R3 and the R4 Studebaker engines are confused at best......Don't INCREASE this confusion by adding an un-tagged "Tribute" engine to the mix. An I.D. plate is really a MUST on these look-alike engines!!!!

Comment

No, it isn't. I think it's a big waste of time. These are not Camaros. The engines are stamped. Let the buyer beware. It's not an R4. It's a V8 engine with dual four barrel carburation. It's a hot rod...
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
        No, it isn't. I think it's a big waste of time. These are not Camaros. The engines are stamped. Let the buyer beware. It's not an R4. It's a V8 engine with dual four barrel carburation. It's a hot rod...
        "LET THE BUYER BEWARE"???????????????? Statements like that one are another reason why I.D. plates on 'tribute' engines are important Swifster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ed, have you ever considered pitching the tag idea to another car club? This club is not interested. We are big boys and can take care of ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
            Ed, have you ever considered pitching the tag idea to another car club? This club is not interested. We are big boys and can take care of ourselves.
            And You are the new spokesperson for the Studebaker Drivers Club? I guess I missed the election!

Comment

I wouldn't sweat it.
              Some people like to assign labels to others, and their things..under the guise of protection.
              Apprentice, journeyman, liberal, conservative, Caso....
              Some people think that labels will protect people they don't know in the future.
              Like 'Don't feed the bear/alligator/rattlesnake' signs.
              That's how we get seventy five 'protection' label stickers on new cars.
              In this case, the label is to point out the impurity to the uninformed.
              Put a label on anything that isn't 'pure'.
              For the uneducated, that might help, but the uneducated usually don't bother to read labels.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have just as much right to take the job on as you do Ed. Heck, I actually built the car you are so uptight about using NOS Studebaker parts. Not once did putting a tag on it cross my mind because #1 there were never any Studebaker Avanti's built with an R4 engine. #2 I built it for me the way I would have ordered my Avanti from Studebaker #3 The engine has a non B block engine number on it. #4 like I said the car has never been represented as an original R4 anything and if it did have one of your special tags on it and someone decided they wanted to pass it off as an R4 Avanti whats to stop them from removing the tag and committing fraud?

Have you ever been to a car show and seen such a tag on a Shelby Cobra replica?

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                And You are the new spokesperson for the Studebaker Drivers Club? I guess I missed the election!
                Last edited by StudeMichael; 06-09-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

It's a good idea to have a documented description of parts used in a build, in case of future repairs. It doesn't need to be posted visibly (IMHO), but that is up to any owner to decide. It is for the inept and incompetent who shouldn't be working on mechanical things in the first place.

I guess we could start a poll.
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

DEEPNHOCK, STUDE MICHAEL, BEZHAWK, and other forum folks that have considered this question over the past week,...............I respect ALL your opinions, and admire the mechanical--bodywork that some of You perform. I really believe a 'tag' on an engine that could be confused with something that it isn't "Down The Road" is a reasonable idea....But that's Me. I'm off this subject, and at 1p.m. I'll be enjoying a Studebaker Meet with My Ocean Bay Friends on this 'PERFECT WEATHER' Sunday. Hope You all have an equally nice day! SN-60 (EdC)

Comment

Working...
                    X