Studebaker Nat'l Museum makes Hot Rod's List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Nat'l Museum makes Hot Rod's List

Congratulations to our own Studebaker National Museum.

The August 2013 edition of Hot Rod magazine arrived in this morning's mail. Included under the general topic of Gearhead Getaways is a list of 19 automotive-related museums "you must see."

#12 is The Studebaker National Museum in South Bend. There is a brief write-up of what is featured at The SNM. (There's no suggestion that the 11 museums preceding -or the 7 following- The Studebaker National Museum are any more or less important than The SNM. There doesn't seem to be any particular order assigned to the museums on the list.)

Congratulations to all our friends working at The Studebaker National Museum. Cool beans! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I second the "cool beans" remark!
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Yeah for us!
      The rest of the world is getting hip to Studebaker.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        Yeah for us!
        The rest of the world is getting hip to Studebaker.
        And I worry that when Studebakers become more popular with collectors and hot rodders, the prices for cars is going to go up. Oh well, you can't keep these great cars and trucks a secret forever.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

plus 2 other photos of studes in that issue(well, one is stude, one is stude-ish)...and how come TW takes so long to come to Canada, and my Hot Rod issue gets to my house the same time it gets to your house??? go figure. cheers, Junior.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            plus 2 other photos of studes in that issue(well, one is stude, one is stude-ish)...and how come TW takes so long to come to Canada, and my Hot Rod issue gets to my house the same time it gets to your house??? go figure. cheers, Junior.
            I see the 52 Champion on page 20. Where's the other one?
            54 C Land Speed - 179.644 mph
            59 Lark Cruiser - 14.58 @ 99.30
            60 Lark Gasser 1 - 10.82 @ 122.83
            60 Lark
            63 Lark Slammed - 11.62 @ 116.3

Comment

For a (fairly small) museum dedicated to a specific marque, the SNM is great. It's one of the few car museums I've been to that really tells the story of the firm and places the cars in historical context...it's more than just cars. Well done to all. And remember you can donate to it when you renew your SDC membership.
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by wheels777 View Post
                I see the 52 Champion on page 20. Where's the other one?

Pages 12, 20, and you wouldn`t know it unless you read the caption...page 148, so really 3 stude-style photos in that issue. Hot Rod Deluxe usually has some sort of stude photos too. Anyone have photos of that poncho-powered stude???

Cheers, Junior.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                  For a (fairly small) museum dedicated to a specific marque, the SNM is great. It's one of the few car museums I've been to that really tells the story of the firm and places the cars in historical context...it's more than just cars. Well done to all. And remember you can donate to it when you renew your SDC membership.
                  Well there is a fourth one not stated directly on page 22. Under Gasser/AFX, one of the "seven other" is our 60 Studebaker Lark Gasser. I am in need of the wiper motor and locks.
                  60 Lark

Comment

must supply photo...must supply photo...gotta see it...gotta see it!!! thanks, junior.
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Work in progress.
                      Attached Files
                      60 Lark

Comment

so very cool...one slammed lark, and one gassed lark. larks have never been on my desire radar, but for about 6 months now, I keep getting these images of a gasserfied one for the street in my pea-brain. I may have to actually do it one day...keeping my eye open for a good complete 2door in my local area. Your reference to Hot Rod Drag Week...does this mean the car will be ready for this year's? cheers, junior.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          so very cool...one slammed lark, and one gassed lark. larks have never been on my desire radar, but for about 6 months now, I keep getting these images of a gasserfied one for the street in my pea-brain. I may have to actually do it one day...keeping my eye open for a good complete 2door in my local area. Your reference to Hot Rod Drag Week...does this mean the car will be ready for this year's? cheers, junior.
                          Yes this year. We took the Henry J to the 2011 DW in Kansa, Texas and Oklahoma. We are actually further along at this time on the Lark, than where we were at with the HJ.

I hope the original poster does not mind the DW topic coming up. Hot Rod (the folks who run DW) was referenced in the title. I may start a new thread or add the GASSER thread I started.
                          Last edited by wheels777; 06-09-2013, 08:23 AM.
                          60 Lark

Comment

Working...
                          X