Anyone interested in an R1 engine or R2 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in an R1 engine or R2 Hawk

Don't know if this is ok to post in this forum??? but I have a complete 64 R1 Avanti engine for sale for 2500. Also will probably be selling a factory 63 R2 Hawk 4 spd project car in the next couple weeks if anyone is interested.
    Nels 513 271 8424

Any pics of the R2?

Comment

Any pics of the R2?

Comment

Where are you located nels?

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
        since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

"In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I'm in Cincinnati OH

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I'm in Cincinnati OH

Comment

Nels, I guess I don't need to tell you I'd be interested in the R2.

JDP/Maryland
                64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                64 GT R2
                63 Lark 2 door
                58 Scotsman
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Nels, I guess I don't need to tell you I'd be interested in the R2.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                  64 GT R2
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  58 Scotsman
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm going to go out tonight and buy a bunch of lottery tickets. I'll let you know if a few days if I want the R2 Hawk.

Comment

I'm going to go out tonight and buy a bunch of lottery tickets. I'll let you know if a few days if I want the R2 Hawk.

Comment

John, I did think you would be interested. The R2 Hawks and Larks are definetly the best investment to be had in the Stude family of post war cars. They seem to have the potential to outperform even the GH's and the Avantis. A little puzzling for some I'm sure but I seem to understand it.
                        I've had a fair amount of response on the R2 GT. It is still exactly as I bought it 10 yrs ago. In fact, I haven't really looked at it since, just stored it. The engine is still out of the car, professionally rebuilt with Ross forged pistons etc. Its in a plastic bag on an engine stand where it has been for the last ten yrs. Car is pretty much complete, all blower stuff, air cleaner etc.
                        Body is solid but needs some rust repair paint etc. Car just needs a lot of resto work and I have too many others to get finished before I'm gone. I really can't answer questions intelligently until I take another hard look at it. And, that is not as easy as it sounds as the car is pretty much buried in a garage.

Casey, you don't need to win the lottery you just need to rearrange your investments a little. These things are not really that expensive and if you are on a budget and have the skills, this is the way to buy them.

Comment

John, I did think you would be interested. The R2 Hawks and Larks are definetly the best investment to be had in the Stude family of post war cars. They seem to have the potential to outperform even the GH's and the Avantis. A little puzzling for some I'm sure but I seem to understand it.
                          I've had a fair amount of response on the R2 GT. It is still exactly as I bought it 10 yrs ago. In fact, I haven't really looked at it since, just stored it. The engine is still out of the car, professionally rebuilt with Ross forged pistons etc. Its in a plastic bag on an engine stand where it has been for the last ten yrs. Car is pretty much complete, all blower stuff, air cleaner etc.
                          Body is solid but needs some rust repair paint etc. Car just needs a lot of resto work and I have too many others to get finished before I'm gone. I really can't answer questions intelligently until I take another hard look at it. And, that is not as easy as it sounds as the car is pretty much buried in a garage.

Casey, you don't need to win the lottery you just need to rearrange your investments a little. These things are not really that expensive and if you are on a budget and have the skills, this is the way to buy them.

Comment

It all comes down to power vs weight. The Avanti has the better wheel
                            base than a Hawk, same as the Lark, but both the Hawk and Lark are a
                            bit lighter than the Avanti. Hawks will have trouble on a road course
                            with their long bed truck length wheelbase. "Outperforming" is kinda
                            a perspective/application thing. Unless you mean investment performance
                            which then it makes perfect sense due to supply. There is no such thing
                            as a Non R-series Avanti. All Avantis got a R1 or better. Larks came
                            with straight sixes. So money-wise rarity usually wins out.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by nels
                            The R2 Hawks and Larks are definetly the best investment to be had in the Stude family of post war cars. They seem to have the potential to outperform even the GH's and the Avantis. A little puzzling for some I'm sure but I seem to understand it.
                            '63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

It all comes down to power vs weight. The Avanti has the better wheel
                              base than a Hawk, same as the Lark, but both the Hawk and Lark are a
                              bit lighter than the Avanti. Hawks will have trouble on a road course
                              with their long bed truck length wheelbase. "Outperforming" is kinda
                              a perspective/application thing. Unless you mean investment performance
                              which then it makes perfect sense due to supply. There is no such thing
                              as a Non R-series Avanti. All Avantis got a R1 or better. Larks came
                              with straight sixes. So money-wise rarity usually wins out.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by nels
                              The R2 Hawks and Larks are definetly the best investment to be had in the Stude family of post war cars. They seem to have the potential to outperform even the GH's and the Avantis. A little puzzling for some I'm sure but I seem to understand it.
                              '63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                              X