52 commander hard top chrome pcs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 commander hard top chrome pcs.

I've been looking through some of my Stude photos and noticed a set of what looks like small chrome shade type pcs for the top of the side glass on a 52 hard top.

Question is are they hard to find and if you have a pair to offer up how much???

Thanks,

Dean.
    Attached Files

That's a new one on me...never seen 'em before.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

I've saved quite a few 52 hardtop pictures over the years, and I think this is the only other time I've seen them.

I would have to guess that these are aftermarket items, and not an official "strat-o-styled" ornament.

Comment

Aftermarket for sure. One brand was called Vent Shade. I've got a couple sets for different model Studes that I've picked up thru the years - no '52 hardtop units tho!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Unusual for sure. I also have saved lots of pictures of 52s and had not noticed that accessory. It would be nice in a light rain, but I wonder about wind noise at speed.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Both examples also have the rear fender ornaments. Nice.

Comment

Nice photo Dan, interesting that they both have the rear fender ornaments too.
              I have the fender ornaments but not the s.s. trim pieces they are interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Dean.

Comment

Working...
              X