Inspiring! Studebakers @ Brown County Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiring! Studebakers @ Brown County Raceway

Here's a great 2-minute montage put together by Richard Poe, of the many Studebakers (and one DeSoto and one Hudson) who participated at The Studebaker Nationals / Orphan Drags Saturday, May 25, 2013.

Crank up the sound for the cool accompanying tune:

Note that everyone in the video, including 1952 DeSoto Powermaster owner/driver Eric Hester and 1950 Hudson Super Six owner/driver Larry Kennedy, are members of The Studebaker Drivers Club.

Super You-Tube, Richard; thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks Richard and Bob, that was great. I would like to run in that event one day, but it is soooo far away!
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
      Thanks Richard and Bob, that was great. I would like to run in that event one day, but it is soooo far away!
      You're welcome, Pat...and if you make the trek, you'd be virtually guaranteed the Long Distance award!

(Nice article on your car in the June Turning Wheels, BTW. Congrats.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You know I thought I might get the long distance award at the International, but Brian beat me with his trek from Canada. I have not seen the new Turning Wheels yet, but I am excited to know the article has been published, Thanks! The mail carrier will find me waiting at the curb....
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Very Nice Job!
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

We had a great day at the Studebaker Nationals & Orphan Drags as you can see. Thanks Bob for posting the video, it was done by a local photographer Crystal Huber. She took about 150 pictures!
            If you look you can see BP in his white 64 Daytona in the stage lanes and on the parade lap. I had them all line up racing or not. Bob's been here every year.
            We had a blast and spread the word about Studebakers. Lots of questions ask and lots of great comments.
            Richard
            Last edited by 63larkr1; 06-02-2013, 06:16 PM.
            The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Working...
            X