53 starliner title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 starliner title

I had a 53 Stude that my Grandmother bought brand new and I have the original "A" title to it. It was at my Dad's house when I went to Vietnam and when I got back he had had it towed away. I am just curious where that car may have gone. It was in NC when I left. The VIN according to the title is G1267569 but that doesn't seem right for a Studebaker. There is another number on the title of 6937038. Anybody have that car? It was red and white two tone.

Tom:
    According to my book, G1267569 is a very late 1953 Champion built in South Bend, Indiana. I can't find any reference to 6937038. That may be a casting number
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

More than likely that 693 number is just the NC Title Number, it has no Studebaker reference/significance.

Yes a '53 Champion 6.
      1267569 = the Twelve Million, Sixty Seven Thousand, Five Hundred and Sixty Ninth Champion, I think, where is the Decimal Dude when you need him?
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would retitle thias thread, I though you were looking for a title for your champion. Maybe something like Tracking down Grandmas old car, or Do you know this car, 53 champion

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          More than likely that 693 number is just the NC Title Number, it has no Studebaker reference/significance.

Yes a '53 Champion 6.
          1267569 = the Twelve Million, Sixty Seven Thousand, Five Hundred and Sixty Ninth Champion, I think, where is the Decimal Dude when you need him?
          That number is one million, not 12 million, but that doesn't matter. The car is the 70,069 (Seventy thousand and sixty-ninth) 1953 Champion built in South Bend.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Buck, I hope you find your car, thank you for serving..

Comment

Working...
            X