Studebaker Workers had to have patience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Workers had to have patience

I am replacing the headliner in a 1950 Commander Starlight. I have removed the old headliner and the windlace. When removing the windlace I thought how patient the worker must have been that originally installed the windlace and nailed the little tacks every inch apart when they installed it.

I replaced the windlace using my Arrow staple gun which I realize is probably the old fashion way of doing it to most folks these days whom use staple air gun. I would not have the patience to nail those tacks every inch apart
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

The retirees said the nails never touched their hands. They would fill their mouths with the tacks and somehow transfer them to their hammers. The job was done in minutes and they said a number of tacks were invested.

Comment

I think you mean ingested

Investing tacks might gain interest, but the tackses would nail you.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Magnetic tack hammers were commonplace. I used to have one. So you'd have a mouthfull of tacks, and as you needed one, you'd put the hammer head to your lips and place one on the hammer head. First blow of the hammer sets it.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thanks, I have to start proofreading.

Comment

Working...
          X