62 Studebaker two door---sell the parts or refurbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Studebaker two door---sell the parts or refurbish

I bought the gentleman's 62 Studebaker from across the street. The VIN is 62S4617. Couldn't see the undercarriage. All four original tires were flat. Tried to roll it and the brakes lock up in front. The car has a flat 6, that I think is a 170 cu.in., 3 speed tranny with clutch. I gave 250 for the whole thing. It looks like the frame rails are OK, not real rusty. But the body is in pretty bad shape(lots of putty) . Intact is all the chrome parts and all windows (front and back are curved) are good with no cracks. The motor even cranks when a new battery was installed. Can someone on here tell me about the VIN and what they would do with the car. I know it's my choice/ however I appreciate your help. The interior is shot. All the interior parts are their, but all the cloth is in bad shape.

62 should have an OHV 6 in it, so the engine is probably not original. Is it a 2 door or 4 door?? 2 doors are more desirable. Does it have overdrive? that is also a desirable feature.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

"so the engine is probably not original"

Which means it could be a 185 engine?
      You'll find a list to compare engine numbers elsewhere on the Studebaker home page.

Comment

sell the parts and move on...

Comment

Working...
        X