Nice Studebaker sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Studebaker sign

Unfortunately, it's part of the building at 362 Race St in Holyoke MA! Anyone familiar with it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude_sign[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1738774
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

They don't go to the expense to make nice signs like that anymore. It appears to be part of the building (inset). If they ever tear that building down (we do that a lot in this country), someone needs to salvage it. It's look great on the wall of my office. He he.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

It is inset to the brick.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I believe I saw that building about 15 years ago when I went to Holyoke with a friend who was having some plating done nearby. This area is just below the hydrodam on the Connecticut river which fed water to the "races" and canals that powered various industries back in the 1800 and early 1900's. Like many former industrial areas of New England these parts of town, down by the river and on the other side of the tracks, fell on hard times. The building, surprisingly, doesn't look bad and appears to have a high tech tenant, (kind like what is envisioned for the former body plant in So. Bend) so there's hope the sign and building will be preserved.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...
        X