Views:	1
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1738769Click image for larger version

Name:	FwFwdFw5-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1738770

It doesn't look like that anymore.
    His daughter wanted the top cut off, some funny headlights added next to the bullet (now it looks crosseyed), and had it painted metallic lime green.
    So it's still wild, it just ain't cool.
    I won't post pix, to keep folks from throwing up.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

WOW that is really cool !!!
      Be interesting to see it now with the different look ..
      Love my Lark

Comment

All I can say is: "I'm speechless".

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          It doesn't look like that anymore.
          His daughter wanted the top cut off, some funny headlights added next to the bullet (now it looks crosseyed), and had it painted metallic lime green.
          So it's still wild, it just ain't cool.
          I won't post pix, to keep folks from throwing up.
          well, from what I was told was you`re describing version 2, but today`s photos are version 3...look real close at the roof and you`ll see part lines, guess it now is a removable hard top, the dumb (opps, did I say that) shotgun scoop, and headlights are gone, and it now looks a lot like version 1 again. Can`t really tell, but I`m guessing version 3`s paint is not black, but at least it`s dark again just about like the original black. The original build was on the H.A.M.B., but have lost track of what is new with car. Regardless, fantastic work, and this version looks a whole lot better than the `cross-eyed`version, at least IMO. cheers, junior.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Here's what it looks like now.
            green, classic, car, illinois, convertible, decatur, studebaker, custom, hunnertcarpileup
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              well, from what I was told was you`re describing version 2, but today`s photos are version 3...look real close at the roof and you`ll see part lines, guess it now is a removable hard top, the dumb (opps, did I say that) shotgun scoop, and headlights are gone, and it now looks a lot like version 1 again. Can`t really tell, but I`m guessing version 3`s paint is not black, but at least it`s dark again just about like the original black. The original build was on the H.A.M.B., but have lost track of what is new with car. Regardless, fantastic work, and this version looks a whole lot better than the `cross-eyed`version, at least IMO. cheers, junior.
              God I hope your right, cause what I saw in chris pile's link was just so so......bad.

Comment

here's another one that's been on ebay for awhile: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1949-...item3a8149c53d

any version of the 1st one, nor the ebay one will be seeing my driveway!
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I still maintain today's original photos in post one is take 3...it has a roof and frame-less doors. Take one had roof with framed doors. Very few photos turn up with google search of studebaker coupester. Brian Woods (woodysrods) clued me into version 3 quite awhile ago. I could always be wrong here, sure wouldn't be the first time. Cheers, junior.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The amount of talent to build that far outweighs the ability of the haters.
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

The black version of the car (whichever that is) looks nice outside of the headlight choice. The green version is sad.
                      sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Regal Deluxe Trim
                      Automatic transmission
                      46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

I'm actually very impressed with the work that went into these cars. They're definitely not my style or taste, but that doesn't make them a wreck either. They were well executed, and give you the feel that everything that you see was intentional and well-planned.
                        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
                        X