Speedster Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster Steering Wheel

I am tall and have a problem fitting under the stock 17" steering wheel in my '55 Speedster. I would like to replace the stock wheel with a 14" wheel. Do you have any suggestion as to which 14" steering wheel looks good, and what adapter I will need to fit it to the horn ring and steering column?

Originally posted by billwaergo View Post
    I am tall and have a problem fitting under the stock 17" steering wheel in my '55 Speedster. I would like to replace the stock wheel with a 14" wheel. Do you have any suggestion as to which 14" steering wheel looks good, and what adapter I will need to fit it to the horn ring and steering column?
    Post '56 custom steering wheel adapters are readily available.......But on pre '57 Studes, the spline is different, and adapters to fit these bigger steering shafts seem to be somewhat difficult to obtain.

Comment

Move the seat back.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Is there any way to lower the seat? It sure would be a shame to lose that nice Speedster wheel.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
        X