• Show
Clear All

• What class SDC judging?

Click image for larger version

Name:	side view 4.7 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1738744

I am hoping to bring my latest acquisition to the Intl meet in Colorado Springs. Just curious as to what judging class that I would be in?
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Dick,
    Just ask the Studebaker armourments expert Larry Tholen who will be at Colorado Springs.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]23830[/ATTACH]

I am hoping to bring my latest acquisition to the Intl meet in Colorado Springs. Just curious as to what judging class that I would be in?
      Do you have the ammunition?

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
        Do you have the ammunition?

Chris.
        Of course, never leave for a show without it.
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Any darn class you want!! (You have the means to settle any arguments!)
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Don't all horse-drawn Studebaker "vehicles" go in the same class, Dick?

(At the 1999 Warren OH Packard Centennial, a fellow had a huge, Packard-built radial WWII aircraft engine mounted on a trailer with a large cage around the propellor. Every so often, he would fire it up for what immediately became a huge crowd!) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks like Dick found a way to blow away his competition.
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Dick, Just ask the Studebaker armourments expert Larry Tholen who will be at Colorado Springs.
                Larry got all HIS info from Dick...
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Name:	tractor  2 canon copy.jpg
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1680037
                  I plan to drive the Holt and tow the other units. From Mokena to Colorado Springs only 1064 miles. Should make it in 11/2 days I think. The camouflage will hopefully make me invisible to the state troopers.
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Modified. That's a non-standard paint job on this particular example. If you're going to contend that the coloration was not applied by the customer or some intermediary, you'd want factory documentation of this particular scheme.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23833[/ATTACH]
                      I plan to drive the Holt and tow the other units. From Mokena to Colorado Springs only 1064 miles. Should make it in 11/2 days I think. The camouflage will hopefully make me invisible to the state troopers.
                      The state troopers wont see you and not because of the camouflage, they'll think your just some shrub ridge or a big rock as they zoom pass you. BTW what is the top speed of that Holt? About 12?

Comment

The state troopers will be confused - thinking: "I didn't know there was an NRA gathering goin' on!"
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You will be in the "big shot" class.
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                            Modified. That's a non-standard paint job on this particular example. If you're going to contend that the coloration was not applied by the customer or some intermediary, you'd want factory documentation of this particular scheme.
                            Bob; I am quite surprised that you would imply that I would deviate from original. I believe this image should set you straight!

Name:	paint camoflage ladies copy.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1680038
                            Richard Quinn

Comment

[
                              This is a trick question. The answer is "none". I know that you do not enter vehicles to be judged.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X