One owner refurbished 1952 studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One owner refurbished 1952 studebaker

Yes an real one owner 1952 studebaker new white side walls with an enclosed cargo trailer 1 family owner 541-926- 4040 albany , oregon

Commander, Champion? Which body style? Mileage? transmission? Condition?
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Sone owner studebaker

I listed this for an older couple 89 years old who bought the car new call them for details

Comment

If it's nice enough to need an enclosed trailer, I don't need to call.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Just got off the phone with the owners- really nice people -
          They purchased the car new in 1952-
          Champion 2dr sedan between 70 and 100,000 ,miles
          Maroon color -repainted within the last 5 years. Engine rebuilt.
          Standard with OD
          Interior and exterior gone over, Not a restoration but as the above post says, more of a refurbished job.
          Trailer is an enclosed 27" Cargo brand.
          Their daughter is going to take some pictures and I will post when I get them.
          Looking to get 20,000 for both the car and trailer.
          64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

Be nice! They seemed to really know their car, it is a 2dr sedan.
            64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

To me, the price seems a little high, even with the trailer, but I guess I'm a certified CASO. Bot because I'm cheap, but because I'm poor. On the other hand, upon inspecition, it might turn out to be a great bargain. Hopefully, pictures will be posted soon.

Comment

[QUOTE=RadioRoy;743911]Quite possibly/likely a cobble job, as many are when non-car people have owned them for 50 years. They get tired of how the car looks and freshen it up and make it different. The pictures will tell the story and I will be happy to be proven wrong, but I bet the interior is nowhere like original, nor is the color anything like original.

I hope you're wrong, but that is often the case. A decent old car gets a bit run down and someone suggests that they can get the car painted and/or upholstered cheap. The job goes forward with cheap materials and little craftsmanship and the car looks shiny, but worse than before. Unfortunately, cars like that are often advertised as restored.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy
                  While everyone has differing opinions, some folks express their opinions quite strongly. I thought I would share with you a private message exchange I have just had with speycaster, the OP for this thread:
                  ======================================
                  Re: you have a bad attitude (SPEYCASTER's title for the PM)

Quote Originally Posted by speycaster

stop your put down of these people they are 89 years old and have the right to price their car anyway they want this is typical of the idiots who live in california negitive negitive i was going to contact you to buy a radio now i wont for sure
                  =============================

My reply was : Fine with me

===============================
                  SPEYCASTER's retort: stay in california that where a person like you belongs
                  What does "PM" stand for?

Comment

Roy, I think you missed Joe's point...in fact I'm sure you did.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

There is sure a lot of supposition going on here considering we have not seen a picture of this car or the trailer. Maybe it isn't worth what they are asking for it, maybe it is, but do we have to be so rude? This kind of behavior is something that makes it difficult to get new folks to join us. I hear this complaint of Studebaker folks all the time. Mostly it is not true, but unfortunately sometimes it is.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

You're right. My bad. I just spent two hours pulling weeds and thinking about it. I can see where it started.

In the future I will concentrate more on subjects where I have direct experience, and when it comes to opinion and speculation, I will attempt to couch my opinions in a more neutral manner.

I cannot promise that no one will be offended, because it seems as if I have been offending people my entire life, and it's not going to stop now.

But I will try to choose my words more carefully.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Roy, I have a radio in my 61 Ford starliner that I would like to have refurbished and also have an fm converter added to it, the radio likely needs everything, it has been in place since the car was built I believe, do you have a ballpark estimate for a job like that ? Also is the fm converter hidden ? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 5859 View Post
                            Roy, I have a radio in my 61 Ford starliner that I would like to have refurbished and also have an fm converter added to it, the radio likely needs everything, it has been in place since the car was built I believe, do you have a ballpark estimate for a job like that ? Also is the fm converter hidden ? Thank you.
                            Please send me an email and I can tell you all about it.
                            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                            X