Unusual Pic of Flat Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Pic of Flat Studes

When we got this line-up of land speed Studebakers all in one spot there were a number of people taking pictures. I took the attached pic. Thought that I'd see at least one or two sites where a pic of the group Click image for larger version

Name:	Flat Studes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1738733would be posted. Far as I know this is the first. Don't believe there has ever been a bigger get-together of operating Studebaker salt flat cars.

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Freaky thing is I was just planning on posting this link from HAMB just now: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=801774

More salt photos from days gone by.

Comment

When I saw the title of the thread, I was expecting to see a junkyard picture of flat Studes. I like the salt picture much better!
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

Cool! thanks for posting and for the link as well. Love the old stude salt flat cars.!
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

If you've got a high res version of that photo, send it to Ann as a prospective TW cover. Very cool.
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Great shot. When I was out there for World of Speed Week in September of 2010 there were about a half dozen Studebakers there. Some, I think, are in your photograph. I was there with Dan Sallia and the Bucket List Dream, and Dave Bloomberg (Avanti Kid). I got individual shots of each car but lining them up like this would have been a good idea.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010639.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1680029
            Last edited by Commander Eddie; 05-15-2013, 06:23 AM.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
              When I saw the title of the thread, I was expecting to see a junkyard picture of flat Studes. I like the salt picture much better!
              That was my thought too!

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
                That was my thought too!
                Ditto. I had a vision of something that happened here several years ago. A highway right-of-way passed through the middle of a very old salvage yard. the cars were just pushed out of the way with a bulldozer. For several years there were mangled remains in the brush on either side of the new road. Sad.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice shots of a LS Stude on the thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...23#post8907023

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                    If you've got a high res version of that photo, send it to Ann as a prospective TW cover. Very cool.
                    Probably have a couple of shots that are 'acceptable'. Who is Ann and how would I contact her? It has been a shame that the biggest gathering of Studebaker Land Speed cars has been completely ignored; therefore I believe it's fitting that a photo be published somewhere. The second to the last car [yellow] belongs to my eldest son and I.

Comment

Working...
                    X