Larkaminos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larkaminos

I have some some searching, but I am interested in any build threads. Has anyone come across a build thread for any of the Lark Utes (I can't use that term, all that comes to mind is Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny when I hear that word now)?

I've seen photos of 3 of 'em, yellow, purple/black and red. Anyone know of any others floating around in cyberspace?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, the red one is nice...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The photo I saw of the red one was at a Stude meet in Omaha sometime, the yellow and black one looked like they were on display at generic car shows. I liked all three of them, they all have just that little difference from each other to be interesting.
      I have seen photos of Dick's green ute and of the yellow Hawk finned custom as well.

Comment

The red one belongs to one of our Omaha Husker Chapter members and is still around.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Here's some pictures (including a resin Champ):
          Attached Files
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Thanks Scott. The red 63 and 64's look like they were converted 4 door sedans. The teal 59 appears to be a champ that someone grafted a Lark rear end on it, but I like the look.

Man that 63 Wagonairamino is sharp. Even to the sliding roof and the drop rear window.
            A lot of work there, the more you look at that. I wondered how a Wagonaire El Camino's back end would look like with those high, narrow taillights. Not bad.

I'm pretty sure the first one is the Argentinian Champ with the export truck bed.

Interesting to see all these examples but no one has done a build thread about their efforts.
            Last edited by LeoH; 05-14-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I think the purple/black one was running around the Sacramento valley, for sale, for quite while. Saw it at a lot of car shows and swap meets and on Craigs list. It was very well done. Have not seen it for a couple years now so maybe it sold.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Here's a few more that aren't specifically Larks (the first three are modified Champs or use Champ rear cab panels), but show some different custom variations on the custom Stude truck theme:
                Attached Files
                Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                \'60 Lark HT
                \'63 Wagonaire
                \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

That's not the red one I had in mind. There was a '59 or '60 that looked like it was designed by Studebaker. The one based on the Wagonaire looks interesting, but I think a fixed roof wagon would have been better.
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I think the Wagon based President is the best one of that batch. I thought the, er, mule in the background of the modified 55 was appropriate.

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of Milt Larson's '60? I think that's the car/truck I'm thinking of.
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
                        I think the Wagon based President is the best one of that batch.
                        That looks like a Scotsman to me- check out the headlights.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 05-14-2013, 05:13 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Do an advanced search using the words " Omaha meet Larkamino"and you will find a couple of good shots of Milt Larson's Ute
                          Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                          Does anyone have a picture of Milt Larson's '60? I think that's the car/truck I'm thinking of.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Thanks Frank! This is the one I'm thinking of. It couldn't be nicer if it rolled out of South Bend...

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Milt is very meticulous, him and his sons own a body shop here locally.
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X