Studebaker boneyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker boneyard

My Wife is in Eastern Nevada on a business trip. Last night she called me all excited, said she stumbled upon a yard with a bunch of Studebakers. here are the pictures she sent to me. She estimated about 30 vehicles in the yard. Can anyone identify the yellow truck?

Click image for larger version

Name:	stud 6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1738725Click image for larger version

Name:	stud 4.jpg
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1738726Click image for larger version

Name:	stud 3.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1738727Click image for larger version

Name:	stud 1.jpg
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1738728Click image for larger version

Name:	stud 7.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1738729
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Lots of good stuff there. I think the yellow truck may be a Brockway. Not sure though. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like a Walter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by coyote View Post
        My Wife is in Eastern Nevada on a business trip. Last night she called me all excited, said she stumbled upon a yard with a bunch of Studebakers. here are the pictures she sent to me. She estimated about 30 vehicles in the yard. Can anyone identify the yellow truck?
        The gray C cab appears to be one of the Navy four-wheel drive trucks- well worth looking into.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

That yard is in Ely, NV. I've checked it out three or four times. I've been told they don't want to sell anything, but each time I go there, there are a few less cars.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

If they don't want to sell, those Studes should be confiscated

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
              Looks like a Walter to me.
              Agree, or maybe an FWD.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

If they are in Ely they might belong to the Derbidge's the family has many Studebaker's and a restoration shop there.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

If we're talking about the same lot, there is contact information and some car information on the Sagebrush Studebakers Club website: http://sagebrushstudebaker.com/cars.html

He has responded to me for one of my parts requests, but I've not received replies from subsequent requests for parts.

Comment

The yellow one must be a Chevrolet...it has "C-10" painted right on the door!
                    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Bob:
                      Yes, they belong to the Derbridges. I met them at the PSW Zone Meet in Salt Lake City last year. Maybe this year I'll contact them before my trip to Bonneville and see them on the way.
                      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Looks like a 'trunklid less' '56 SkyHawk beside the GT's.

Comment

Working...
                        X