WAAAM Weasel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAAAM Weasel!

Here is a photo of the operating Weasel at the WAAAM in Hood River Oregon. WAAAM stands for Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum and they have a large collection of cars, planes, motorcycles and just about anything else people might collect. They have nearly a dozen Studebakers, including a 1957 Golden Hawk that was just given to them.
    They also have a really nicely restored Weasel that they run around the property for the delight of visitors. Take a look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1738722Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1738723

Last month they had a Tribute to Studebakers and got to watch this thing run all over the place. What a trip.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Ed, I'm jealous. I've seen Weasels before, but have never heard one run. There's a really nice one at the Studebaker Nat'l Museum in So. Bend.

Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Rog,
      I was surprised at how quick that little Champion six could move that Weasel around. The driver opened the engine compartment which is right next to him, so we could see the engine running. The idle was set fast which I was told was normal for these machines. Once the driver lets out the clutch she springs forward. It was also surprisingly quiet. I wish I could have ridden in it. It looked like loads of fun.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I have visited the WAAAM and was very impressed with their collection. Even more impressive is that every piece in their collection drives or flies and they actually take some of them out and exercise them every month. If you are ever travelling up the Columbia River Gorge this museum is a recommended stop.

Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
        X