1966 Paint Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Paint Colors

Found an ad for a 1966 Cruiser for sale. Pic attached made the car look either black or dark blue with a white top. Owner says it's actually dark GREEN with a light green interior(haven't seen pics of interior yet). Did Studebaker have a exterior factory green so dark it looked black, or is this probably a repaint(which I didn't ask the owner)?
    Last edited by snowy_buffalo; 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

The 1966 dark colors are Midnight Black & Richelieu Blue but no dark greens.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

There was a mid year olive green colour offered. The last six cylinder built was an Olive green Wagonaire.

Comment

Here is an Olive Green Metallic '66: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=harrahs

Craig

Comment

The light green interior is probably gold. Not a bad combination!

Comment

Got some more pics of it. Interior was a hodge podge of colors. In one shot thru the front door, door post still looked like dark blue and not the green quoted. Door panels may have been a light gold or they were tan colored as was steering column. Seats were light colored fabric with medium green accent stripes. Steering wheel was RED and dash was a sunbaked/cracked black. It had rust in the passenger side roof near the rain gutter. Said it has new passenger door, hood and fenders due to a tree limb falling on it several years ago. Looked to me like a $2500 max car that he was asking $6000 so I passed on it.
            \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Is this mid year '66 'Olive Green Metallic' paint offering a different color than 'Algonquin Green Poly'? (Stude Code #6488) I don't have the paint chips on this.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Is this mid year '66 'Olive Green Metallic' paint offering a different color than 'Algonquin Green Poly'? (Stude Code #6488) I don't have the paint chips on this.
                Algonquin Green is a much lighter shade than Olive Green.

Chris.

Comment

It's probably a repaint, or the seller is half blind (good thing he's selling).

In the 50's, some of the old 40's black paint jobs oxidized to a beautiful shimmering "house fly" green. It was nice, but could not be duplicated.

There was a dark green in 64. Maybe he has the year wrong.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

The '64 dark green is Jet Green. See my profile pic.
                    Sue

Comment

Working...
                    X