Still need help moving second car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still need help moving second car

Ok, I am still looking/praying someone with an open spot on their trailer can help out with getting a car up from north Georgia to somewhere close to western PA... Erie/Meadville/Pittsburgh.

All attempts I have made on my end have ended up in dismal failure. I have had a health crisis going on lately but and cleared for action so to speak. Sometimes things happen, I am just glad I am ok and didn't have to sell anything for med bills.

Anyway, if anyone is headed up this way with space and can haul a car. I would love ot hash out the details. Sam at this point really needs the space back and has been very kind in holding the car at his place for me. I am saving for transport money. Due to circumstances, my car budget went to zero recently, but I am back in the game and really am looking to get this car moved up to be started on.

PLease pm me here if you think you can help or have any ideas. I have looked at rental places and at the moment, the price is too high. I looked at transporing it myself, but I cannto drive a truck/trailer combo well and I would have to rent a vehicle and hauler to do so... winding up more expensive than a private hauler.

thxs,
    Dan

What needs to be towed? What transmission?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Yeah, What Swifster said. If it can be driven I can help you out. Not so sure about hauling. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

I need to buy another car dolly to tow behind the 62GT. Me and that car have towed Studes all over America during the last 25+ years. Then, I'd just need to find time to make the trips. But it would be play, not work, for me.

Comment

It is a 40 commander I bought from Sam Ensley. It took a T-bone hit. It is not totaled, frame is straight, aside from the body damage, it is driveabel, but I wouldn't drive it that distance. The doors on the passenger side are tied closed and the rear fender had to be cut away, but the car is mechanically sound.... in fact, it was a very nicely restored car until the hit. It took a post hit, center of car. I have another 40 I will be doing a reconstruction title with.. I just need ot get the other car up to me. It has been too long. Technically, I bought the car last May and he has been more than gracious to keep it there until I get transport. I thought it would be easy, but I had a few health "issues" that depleated my casgh reserve. I am back on track and am hoping I can find someone headed North with an empty trailer.

Comment

Just a selfish bump... I am really looking for a hand.

Comment

Go to www.yesterdaystractors.com and post on the hauling board. Or call the producers of "Shipping Wars" (if it is still on) and get one of those yahoos to move it for you.

Comment

Working...
              X