Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool Beans: 2013 Pure Stock Drags Brochure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Beans: 2013 Pure Stock Drags Brochure!

The brochure/flyer for the up-coming 2013 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race arrived in this morning's mail. The brochure is sprinkled with photos of random cars, drivers, and times from the previous year's race.

Here's the front cover with dates and such for those interested:

And here is the largest of the several random photos within the brochure:

Cool Beans! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Really, coool. Chuck and Steve in the brochure. Dates blocked off. Better get to work and earn my "vacation day".
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Not a very clear brochure. It states: "...cars must be present for both days." and then lists three days. To me, both means two. Assumptions can be made as to meaning of both days, like Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. People that regularly attend probably know all the rules, but the brochure should be clear for those that have not yet attended in order to get more participation.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Not a very clear brochure. It states: "...cars must be present for both days." and then lists three days. To me, both means two. Assumptions can be made as to meaning of both days, like Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. People that regularly attend probably know all the rules, but the brochure should be clear for those that have not yet attended in order to get more participation.
        If you want to go early to have your car teched in you can go on Thursday; otherwise you can get teched on Friday. We usually just go on Friday as we can get checked in either before or shortly after the track opens for time trials. Qualifiying is on Friday with the shoot out on Saturday.

Ted

Comment

Gary and anybody else: As Ted says, Thursday is optional.

What I copied and posted in the OP is not the entire brochure; just the salient parts. If one had the whole brochure, it is understandable. I just didn't see any need to copy and post the whole thing.

Bottom Line: You must show up on Friday, have your car "teched," and make at least one pass before practice closes about 5PM Friday if you want to participate in the Saturday mini shoot-outs. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks! Now I notice that it is Thursday, Friday and Saturday, not Friday, Saturday and Sunday as I originally thought. I guess that I got too hung up on the "both days" thing.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X