4bbl intake & carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4bbl intake & carb?

Since the South Bend swap is well underway already, and likely a few people have been digging around their collections of parts, I thought I'd throw this one out there.

Has anyone got (or seen at the meet) a 4bbl carb (ideally recently rebuilt) with an intake manifold and perhaps even linkage that they'd like to sell? It would be going on the 259 in my '63.

I'm not in a huge rush, as I just got a second 2bbl carb in the mail that I might be able to limp along on while I rebuild the original, but if I found a complete "bolt on" solution at a good price, I'd love to step up into a little more power.

And if that's not too much to ask for, world peace would be nice, too
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

I might have a lead on a carb, so if anyone has a 4bbl intake laying around, let me know.

Comment

Jim,

I have a couple of Lark 4bb manifolds and an adaptor from Speedway if you want it
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

Jeff,

That would be great! I'll shoot you a PM shortly here.

Comment

I might have a lead on a carb
          FWIW, get the correct carb, even if it's a few dollars more. I've spent years and hours helping Stude guys adapt bolt patterns, throttle linkage, choke linkage, transmission linkage, fuel lines, PCV and air cleaners. That's before we get it running to confirm the jetting is wrong or the carb needed a complete rebuild.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

I saw Jeff's post a week or so ago about the Edlebrock carb. Do I need a special 4 brl manifold for these or will any Lark type fit? I am also looking for a 4 brl manifold and will get an Edelbrock when everything lines up. Already have the stock air cleaner for it and my 64 Cruiser.

Mark

Comment

will get an Edelbrock when everything lines up. Already have the stock air cleaner for it and my 64 Cruiser.
              As an example of what I was discussing, the stock '64 air cleaner won't fit on an Edelbrock carb. The Edelbrock air horn is larger in diameter.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

If interested, I have a proper WCFB carb rebuilt by Lionel Stone which I purchased (many) years ago and never used.

Bill
                Bill Foy
                1000 Islands, Ontario
                1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                  I saw Jeff's post a week or so ago about the Edlebrock carb. Do I need a special 4 brl manifold for these or will any Lark type fit? I am also looking for a 4 brl manifold and will get an Edelbrock when everything lines up. Already have the stock air cleaner for it and my 64 Cruiser.

Mark
                  Mark,
                  It will fit and work well, if you use an adapter, which is available at FLAPS for $20-30. Or probably off ebay for less.

Comment

I have a intake, carb. and oil bath air cleaner off a 55 259, that ran good. I used the engine and put an aluminum intake on it. I was just keeping it in case. If you are intrested, I will take $200.00 for the intake and WCFB. I believe it was a 2224. It was a 3 speed car with OD. Might could ship seperately. Tex

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                      I have a intake, carb. and oil bath air cleaner off a 55 259, that ran good. I used the engine and put an aluminum intake on it. I was just keeping it in case. If you are intrested, I will take $200.00 for the intake and WCFB. I believe it was a 2224. It was a 3 speed car with OD. Might could ship seperately. Tex
                      What were the differences you noticed in running the aluminum intake ? Did it reduce heat soak ?
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X