Well she runs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well she runs!

So from my last posts to now I have bought a new master cylinder, bled the brakes and bought a new battery.
    So sh fires right up. And my bestfriend and I took it for a drive. Turns out I didn't do my brakes as well I thought. I found out by turning onto a busy street. Ha oops. So I try to turn onto a side street, pumping my brake, and slam onto my handbrake. Did little to nothing. So my tail end flew around and nearly hit a parked car. Phew!
    Anyway, I'm currently rebleeding brakes, gonna tighten down my handbrake cable, and buy new tires/blets.
    Oh, and my speedometer and odometer is out :/ but that'll be on another post.
    Thanks for lookin

Oh and all my lights work. Turns out it was a bad battery in combination with a very gunky master cilynder.

Comment

Check your brake lining and Make sure you adjust the brake shoes!
      I replaced everything on my 1963 Wagonaire years ago, and forgot to adjust the brake shoes. Bled, bled, and bled, little and no brakes!
      Last edited by 57pack; 05-01-2013, 04:33 PM.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I would not take it out of the driveway again, till it will stop reliably, forward and backwards, fast and slow. The life you save may be your own !

Comment

And make sure the blets are adjusted properly.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
          X