Body Plant tour rundown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Plant tour rundown

We will be meeting this Friday at 10:00 at the Union Station, 506 W. South Street and go to the Grand Hall which is the north door on South Street. We have been given permission to park at The Silver Hawks parking lot a across the street. There will be a presentation by the owner followed by registration for tours which will happen directly south of this location and start as soon as possible. The tours will be about one hour and there will be some rough areas. We will take the middle elevator to the roof weather permitting then take the stairs down to the floors to be toured which will be six, five and three. We hope to have a number of Studebaker employees accompany us to answer questions and reflect their experiences while employed there. Hope to see you there and if not if you have any questions regarding the building please let me know and odds are one of these gentlemen will have an answer. Thanks for your patience. Tim

Sounds like a great experience for sure.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Do you have any idea how often tours would occur thorughout the day? I am planning on attending, but will not be in town until Friday afternoon...would certainly love to walk through the building if tours are still available.

thanks for all of our efforts putting this together!
      Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
      \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

We will have to be out of there around three and hours and duration of tours depends on turnout. Hope you can sneak it in and we'll try to go as long as possible.

Comment

Sorry I had to miss it. I caught a big rock in the windshield of my F250 on I-80 going through Chi-town... Had the windshield replaced at the fairgrounds today... he got there at 10:30. Needless to say I missed the tour.
          DARN IT!
          However I have a new windshield to get back to Iowa with on Sunday!

Comment

Working...
          X