Interior questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior questions

Yes, I have a 1959 lark post car and was wondering what went in between the door panel and headliner between the windows. I don't have any of that stuff so pictures would help big time. Thanks for your time.

I guess you mean the "B" Pillar Interior Trim Panel.

That would be hardboard (Fiber) like rear package trays, kick panels, door panels etc. Painted to match the Window Frame Color which is either Body Color or Dash Color depending on the Color.

It has small Special headed Rivets that look like an asterisk impression in the center of the Panel in a few places to secure it and the Door Windlace tucks under it.

I see it's the
    Larkness Monster '60 Lark 2 Door Sedan.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cool thanks the door trim is all painted same color as car but I'm having a guy make aluminum door panels for it and was trying to figure out what to put in the b pillar section

Comment

If your doing the door panels and all the rear in aluminum. If it where me I would do the b pillar that way to.

Comment

Lark B billar interior

I know I've posted this before, searching one's own known posts is a challenge.

Here's a shot of the pieces on a 2 dr model, keep in mind the head liner comes down underneath the hardboard material wrapped with material as well, others have stated it's painted, either way. Here's a visual reference.

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Here is a '59-'60 "B" Pillar Trim Panel:

QUOTE: "hardboard material wrapped with material as well, others have stated it's painted,"Unquote.
            You do have to keep in mind that Post #5 is a '61 Lark.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 04-29-2013, 02:16 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If anyone needs a pair of the rear qtr window garnish mouldings I have them.
              Jim
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                You do have to keep in mind that Post #5 is a '61 Lark.
                Both of my original 2drs have the appropriate matching headliner material wrapped around the B-pillar fillers. The '59 with cloth and the '60 is the vinyl type.
                Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
                X