Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the Porterfield Custom '54 Coupe is FINISHED!! (lots of pix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Porterfield Custom '54 Coupe is FINISHED!! (lots of pix)

I decided to re-post the pictures of the completed car in a separate thread so you wouldn't have to go through the entire old thread to see the current pictures.
    The spectacular car has been road tested and will make its debut at a local cruise-in next weekend.
    The owner, Jimmy Porterfield, is the son of the last Studebaker dealer in Martinsburg, WV.
    31streetrod will jump in and explain technical details since he had a major role in building this machine. You can also go to the original thread for many details such as the drivetrain, running gear and such.

If you want to hear it run- http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohns...g/100_0711.MOV
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

What a beautiful automobile. I especially love the interior -- those back seats are really cool.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      What a beautiful automobile. I especially love the interior -- those back seats are really cool.
      that`s exactly what I was thinking...sweet ride! junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Excellent! Did you transplant the entire wiring harness, and computer set up? Also, where did the seats come from?

Comment

I'll bet the car, in person, is superior to the pictures presented. Nicely done.

Comment

Exceptional!!!! Nuf Said.

Bob

Comment

Very Nice!

Dean.

Comment

WOW! Another 53-54 red custom in a class with few others!
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
                  Excellent! Did you transplant the entire wiring harness, and computer set up? Also, where did the seats come from?
                  Ron Francis wiring harness for the 4.6 Ford engine management (Painless does not and will not make a harness for the 4.6). One of my most enjoyable wiring jobs to date. Used the ECM that came with the engine and Ron Francis re-programed it eliminating the need for all emission control crap except the front O2 sensors and programed it for after market fuel pump with fuel return. The rear seat is the original 54. I can't recall what the front buckets came out of.
                  Last edited by 31Streetrod; 04-27-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Ron Francis makes some really neat items. I was just noticing some of the larger filament dash lights.

Comment

Gosh that sure is pretty !! BUT, why a F--- engine?? Sorry Guys, I can't help it !!

Ben

Comment

What a gorgeous car, and superb workmanship. I expect he chose that F--- engine because it has well over 300 hp and will deliver close to 30 mpg, start instantly and has no worries about vapor lock. And it's something a little different.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Love it. I would be proud to own it.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            I'll bet the car, in person, is superior to the pictures presented. Nicely done.
                            Very true. It has to be seen in person to really appreciate how much has been done.
                            And I missed a couple things in taking the pictures. For one, the console continues up between the rear seats and there is a very nice stylized lazy "S" on the panel. The other thing- Jimmy doesn't like speakers showing on the back shelf, but he still has speakers there. They are concealed under the fabric shelf cover.
                            He is also considering a couple changes. First, he doesn't like the chrome wheels so he is thinking about using dark wheels (sort of like Torque Thrusts). The other thing is he wants '53 grille bars instead of the '54 and I have to say that I think the '53 bars would look better too.
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Brilliant!!!!
                              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X