53-55 sedan front fenders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53-55 sedan front fenders...

I was gonna put the front fenders back on to be able to move the car with it's battery in normal position, so it was time to cut away the rust & weld in some new...o now I'm wondering if anybody's got

But maaan the amount of filler they've used!!! I knew there was some of it but I never expected all THIS! ...& it goes from the lowest point & up over the trim-edge 'bout 4 inches... & under the air-intake & so on...
    & then there's the front area too...

So now I'm wondering if anybody knows what the cost might be for a pair of fairly rust-free ( doesn't have to be dent-free) ones + the over-sea shipping?
    & ofcourse if there are any available?

(I reckon it's gonna be expensive so I probably can't afford it but if I don't ask I'll be laying sleepless for years to come...)

Bob Peterson (CandBStudebaker) supplied nice California fenders for my 55K. He's in the vendor section and will probably see this post. Good luck.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I have a pair of "shop worn" (some scratches, no dents) but NOS '53 to early '55 sedan front fenders that I'll sell cheap, but I have no idea about shipping. Is there a business that will handle the packing and shipping reasonably?
      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Hmmm... I don't have a clue 'bout business/companies that handle this kinda stuff 'cause I've never ordered or bought anything from over-sea before.
        I thought there might be someone 'round this forum who had done this kinda stuff?

& one other thing that just hit me now is that the customs might charge loads of money also...
        I just put out the question in a kinda panic, didn't even think 'bout the difference in fendrs for flat windscreen & wrap-around, & ofcourse I've got the wrap-around. ("Silly me" as the English says... Silly-silly I would say myself!)

But have anyone seen the two different fender-models aside & compared them?
        I'm thinking that maby they only changed the doors & the cowl-bit... ...maby? ...hopefully! ...& why not?
        Last edited by Noxnabaker; 04-27-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
          I have a pair of "shop worn" (some scratches, no dents) but NOS '53 to early '55 sedan front fenders that I'll sell cheap, but I have no idea about shipping. Is there a business that will handle the packing and shipping reasonably?
          There are a number of places in our area that package stuff to ship. See if you have a UPS store or Pakmail near you. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Srewdi! I did send you a private message with a few questions, didn't it turn up?

Nox.

Comment

Srewdi! ???? If you called him that he MIGHT not answer!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well what'ya know... I must've missed that day in school!
                Don't really know if it's a habit of mine thou & if I spelled it as anti-good in the message.
                Last edited by Noxnabaker; 05-05-2013, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X