Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northwest Overdrive in Lethbridge .. Anyone going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Overdrive in Lethbridge .. Anyone going?

Im really looking forward to this studebaker meet .. Happens to fall on my days off and is not to far of a drive ..
    Will be bringing a 1964 Daytona that is for sale .. Pic is listed on here. (If I did it right)
    1964 Daytona 289V8 4 barrel Automatic .. Body is decent with some rust bubbling, newer front fenders . Runs and drives
    ok .. Engine has one cylinder that is lower compression .. Car is ideal for restoration or a really good parts car .. I will be driving it
    there ..
    Anyone going?
    Hope to meet some new people and catch up with some old friends ..

Randy
    Attached Files
    Love my Lark

I'm planning on going too- and what do you know, that's my old car! I owned that car for a couple years, i'm the one who installed the 289. Good to see it again.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Where exactly, and when...looked in TW and only says Lethbridge on May 26...any more details? Perhaps my gong-show of a winter project will be up and running. (fingers crossed) cheers. Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Hey there fargo guy .. I think we talked on the phone about the car last year ..
        You will get to see the car again ..
        Junior there is an ad in the march turning wheels with a contact number .. Lethbridge lodge is a fairly large hotel ..
        There is a tour of the Remmington Cariage Museum which I heard is very good with some Studebakers on display ..
        Love my Lark

Comment

I hope to be able to go, if work permits.
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hey there Gord .. Long time no see .. Maybe bump into you at the meet if you make it ..
            Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              Where exactly, and when...looked in TW and only says Lethbridge on May 26...any more details? Perhaps my gong-show of a winter project will be up and running. (fingers crossed) cheers. Junior

Lethbridge Lodge is the host hotel. Tour is Sunday, leaves in the morning, goes to cardston, fort mcleod and back. Banquet sunday evening. There is a special rate at the hotel, just tell them you're with the Studebaker Event. Hope to see you there. Evan
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Thanks for the plug Evan, there is an application form in TW or call me and I will email. This event is happening due in large part to encouragement by friends in the Northwest and is dedicated to Art Unger's memory who played a significant role in halping organize it.

Francis Prefontaine, Leduc, Alberta

Comment

And its the first time ever in 31 years it will be held in Alberta! We hope to see lots of Studes from Montana and the Dakotas as well.

Craig

Comment

We can't wait for this years Overdrive Tour!
                    It's guaranteed be a great tour, at a great location, put together by a group of great people!

Our thanks go out to all the people who are hosting this event.

Cheers,

James and Stephanie Bell
                    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
                    Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Bump to see if there's any more interest. Evan
                      Evan Davis
                      Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

FWIW, the Lethbridge Lodge has no rooms left on Saturday night. I put my name on the waiting list, but if anyone has a reservation he/she isn't going to use or wants to share Saturday night, let me know via PM.

If I get the AC working right, I'll make a run for Canada. Spokane to Lethbridge is 375 miles and the C-cab gets pretty small. Might be a good shakedown for Colorado Springs, which is 1160 miles.

Anyone from Spokane or passing through Spokane to Lethbridge?

jack vines
                        Last edited by PackardV8; 05-13-2013, 01:56 PM.
                        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                          If I get the AC working right, I'll make a run for Canada.
                          The lack of AC should not be an issue coming north of Spokane. One shouldn't have to worry about AC coming over the mountains until at least mid-June.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            The lack of AC should not be an issue coming north of Spokane. One shouldn't have to worry about AC coming over the mountains until at least mid-June. Craig
                            Normatively, I'd agree. However, we just eight days of highs above eighty degrees, a new early May record for the region. Wouldn't have wanted to be on the highway in the afternoon without AC then.

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                              If I get the AC working right, I'll make a run for Canada. Spokane to Lethbridge is 375 miles and the C-cab gets pretty small. Might be a good shakedown for Colorado Springs, which is 1160 miles.

Anyone from Spokane or passing through Spokane to Lethbridge?

jack vines
                              We will be caravaning with Brian Curtis and possibly others from Bellingham to Spokane for our 1st night.
                              Your more than welcome to join the caravan from there and we'd be happy to provide a few cold beverages in trade for a shop tour in Spokane!
                              Anyone else going from that area?

James Bell
                              Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
                              Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Working...
                              X