• Show
Clear All

• All I can say is ...WOW!

1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Hard to believe what some things go for,I've bought whole cars for less

Comment

Someone's a happy seller. I imagine the buyer is happy too! When you're doing a detail-perfect resto, NOS matters.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Seven bidders. Three that went above $250. This is the type of thing that makes auctions good.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is amazing, the winner with his First Bid, jumped in with a snipe Bid 8 Seconds before closing at over $561.00 and caught the high bidder by surprise, BAM, sold!

When you REALLY want something, that is the way to go.

I would have guessed that even at a International Meet, a SDC Vendor would have asked around a whole $100.00 for an NOS one and of course got it, with some hesitation on the buyers part.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

WoW WoW and WoW!!!!!!

My 96.99 didn't go too far!!!! And, at that I thought it was too high... Go figure. Should have known better when a horn button for a '61 Hawk went for $120.... I sure hope that it's a good door and that it doesn't get damaged in transit. Got some good used ones here I'll sell for $50 each...Just my opinion!! Roly
            ​
            Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
            studenews@outlook.com

Comment

I'm lucky enough to already own a NOS one and overlay too, but I still bid on it up to $250 thinking that was still an ok price and I could put it away. I was surprised however by the final price. But as stated, who can blame anyone willing to pay big bucks for one of those final pieces to complete a long resto, which certainly was me just a few years ago. Congrats to both the seller and winning bidder.

Comment

Wow indeed !!!!

Comment

Now if only our Studes would appreciate on a similar order!
                  I have boxes of rare NOS parts that I have never installed because the moment I put them on my car their value will drop about 500%
                  And installed, the car would gain only about 5 or 10% in value. So I'm a hoarder.

Comment

Supply and demand, isn't capitalism great?
                    JS
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

WOW is right. I wish ebay would impliment a standard continuation time following the last bid. Meaning if someone takes high bid in last 5 minutes the auction is extended anothe 30 minutes or so. Sellers would like this.
                      Dave Hugo
                      Wellford, SC
                      1940 Champion
                      1950 Champion Coupe
                      1955 President Coupe
                      1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Comment

Originally posted by duncan1951 View Post
                        WOW is right. I wish ebay would impliment a standard continuation time following the last bid. Meaning if someone takes high bid in last 5 minutes the auction is extended anothe 30 minutes or so. Sellers would like this.
                        I like the sniping aspect of ebay. As a buyer and as a seller. As I buy mostly Studebaker stuff on ebay, I rely on the CASO attitude to allow me to snipe at the last second to get the parts I want.
                        As a seller, when I have a high value part, I have often made most of my profit in the closing 15 seconds. This is what makes the auction process fun on both ends.
                        You have to look at it differently when you need a certain part. The buyer is happy because he now has the missing link to his perfect restoration. The seller is happy because of his major score on the price.
                        The buyer, though, did not over pay for this part. Others above have already commented on the value of the part being in the $250 dollar plus range. Therefore, the buyer is only "out" a couple hundred dollars to complete his $50,000 dollar project. That's a small price to pay for perfection. It amounts to less than half of one percent of the value of the restoration for a part that stares you in the face, every day, every minute. You can't hide the glove box door behind a coat of paint, right?
                        Just my opinion, of course.
                        sals54

Comment

Originally posted by duncan1951 View Post
                          I agree with you. I belilve in a dynamic ending to an online auction. This would make it more like a live auction. My friends that own www.aarauction.com sell most everything online and use a dynamic ending to their auctions.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X