Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tenatively looking for a 59-62 studebaker lark...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenatively looking for a 59-62 studebaker lark...

I don't want to blow up the threads here... but 11 years ago when my father passed I promised him that I would look out for my mom as well as buy her a car some day...... (yikes to the car part)

I try my best not to let my promises go, so I got to thinking about trying to find her a 59-62 Studebaker lark for her to join me with at the car shows....

She turns 60 june of 2014 and I was pondering surprising her for her birthday. I just wanted to throw it out there that over the next year I will be searching for a lark for $3000 or less. If someone comes across one in the Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois area maybe you could drop me a message on here or something to that sort. ( I wish I could travel farther but i'm on the leash of my friends that own a truck and trailor) I'd like to find something in fairly decent condition.

I may be way out of the ballpark on my price range but hey.. if I don't try I won't know. If I fail to find one for her 60th I will just keep trying for another year.

I have a lot on my plate between my 68 nova and 51 commander restoration i'll be starting in October but 1 more Studebaker to the fleet would be nice!

Well Doug, don't tentatively Look... just LOOK!
    The '59 to '61's make really good Cars because they are Cute, Very Maneuverable, with great visibility. The best handling Cars ever!

ToEachHisOwn, but I am not a believer in the stretched rear door windows that are all one piece on '62 non-Cruiser 4 Doors.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-17-2013, 08:57 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The cars are out there Doug. A friend of mine I'm helping out got a 62 Cruiser. On inspecting the obvious things were brakes (they were locked up) & exhaust (left side had fallen off) but other than a few dents, replacing the r/r fender & redoing the seats the car was all there. The seller was asking 825. He bought it for 550. He wanted to change it to a dual master cylinder for safety & bought one, while I swapped the brakes from his 60 that were just done last year. He'll have a decent running car for well under a grand with a good start to make it nice as time & money permits. Heck, I even bought a car on E-bay a few years ago for $5.50! Yep, five dollars & fifty cents! No interior for the most part, or engine & trans both missing but the body was decent enough to make it whole. Be patient & keep looking.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
      X