Need Vin number checked to see if R-series car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Vin number checked to see if R-series car

I have access to a 63 cruiser that a friend wants me to sell and he states it was a R-1 powered car when he got it but engine took a dump and put in a stock 289 here is the vin number if anyone can help (BP)?? 63V27278 green cruiser if so the value just shot up but not the asking price....thanks

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bingo! Yes, Bob; 63V27278 was originally attached to an R1 Cruiser; Green Mist, HD Flightomatic, and air conditioning. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Couldn't happen to a nicer Stude vendor. When I retire I'm gonna follow you around for a couple of weeks
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Bob, someone could be missing a great opportunity to have you haul one of these cars to South Bend in May
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

What is the count of non-Avanti R-series cars up to now? I don't think I've seen so many being found and identified as such as we have in the past year.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
            Bob, someone could be missing a great opportunity to have you haul one of these cars to South Bend in May

Milt, the trailer already has a car coming my 2nd golden hawk project, sold 3 cars with the thoughts of hauling one to South Bend and the first 2 went and is going to closer places, might even bring one back if some this way buys the lark conert on e-bay right now, it belongs to Dick Linsey, a nice lark to say the least and a good buyer price.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Bingo! Yes, Bob; 63V27278 was originally attached to an R1 Cruiser; Green Mist, HD Flightomatic, and air conditioning. BP
              This car is nice with working air , power disk brakes, power steering, 4 bld. carb, rebuilt transmission auto on the column, same as it came from the factory, just missing the JT engine. has TT also, there has been some floor repair but in a shop with classic pan parts, owner does nothing his self.

check out this 63 lark dash,

even the interior is nice.

How does $5500.00 sound for a R-series cruiser that runs good and drives???? even has fancy wheels you can't go wrong with this one.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

The horn button has to be worth at least that much! Isn't that one out of a Packard Hawk??

Craig

Comment

Well worth the asking pricea

Comment

Working...
                  X