Dreams come true - 1965 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams come true - 1965 Daytona

I should have posted this a couple of years ago. This car was saved from the crusher in Minnesota and I put enough into it to get it roadworthy. It turned out it didn't take a lot to get it running, but it needed a complete brake job and gas tank and several other things. I doubt it had moved under its own power since at least the 1980s. As I never thought I'd be able to complete a real restoration of this magnitude I found a buyer 1000 miles away in Georgia. He flew up to get the car and drove it home. I had only gotten to drive it about 10 miles before he headed out cross country. He made it.

Here is a "before" picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1176small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1738526

Here is "after". The buyer had been wanting a turquoise 1965 Daytona since he was a boy and saw one. Now he has one!

Name:	Daytona 4-25 002.jpg
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1738527

Name:	Daytona 4-25 001.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1738528
    Last edited by Scott; 04-14-2013, 05:02 PM.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

How can the pictures show in the post? I usually can see them.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

That is a pretty amazing difference in the before and after pictures. I love that color. It really pops.
      sigpic
      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

I wish I knew the answer to that one Scott, I don't know who did this, or WHEN this happened but it's been driving me crazy not being able to just Post my Pics.

Last night I fought for HOURS trying to downsize a couple pics for the who drove their Stude. today post. One I never could get right and the rest are like yours, only just an open able LINK and not displayed??????????
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I copied and pasted the link like a Photobucket photo.
          This car is just begging for white wall tires, but otherwise looks great!
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I wish I knew the answer to that one Scott, I don't know who did this, or WHEN this happened but it's been driving me crazy not being able to just Post my Pics.

Last night I fought for HOURS trying to downsize a couple pics for the who drove their Stude. today post. One I never could get right and the rest are like yours, only just an open able LINK and not displayed??????????
            Rich , get in touch with Dick Steinkamp when he is home and have him show you, he lives there by you ..Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Thanks Milaca. I don't understand why the attach photo icon doesn't make it show up in the post. It used to. Maybe I need a refresher course.

Comment

B*tchin ride Scott. I love what you've done to the car.
                sals54

Comment

Very nice, Scott. Pretty car. Congrats on the work. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Great Job Scott!
                    Hope my Wagonaire turns out as nice!
                    Love that color
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

The car looks great!

Dave Bonn
                      '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't do any cosmetic work! When the new owner drove it to Georgia from Minnesota it looked like the "before" picture" In fact, I think that's him at the wheel. If I could have done all that other stuff I wouldn't have sold the car! I wish I could see it person again. I had it about two years while it was getting mechanically fixed up and only drove it about ten miles, like I said. Then he picked it up and turned it from an ugly duckling into a swan.

Sometimes I just get a car that's on its last legs and get it to a point that's driveable (or more driveable) and then after a few years I realize I can't get it all done in my lifetime and sell it to someone who can take it the rest of the way. I get to save a car, have a little fun and education and someone else gets the project they've been looking for at a good price.

So far with these deals I just barely break even.
                        Last edited by Scott; 04-15-2013, 06:48 AM.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

.....same color scheme as mine! However, mine dosen't look like that now,lol.What a beaut! Best of luck to the new owner.

Comment

Working...
                          X