Heaven help me, I WANT this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven help me, I WANT this!!

Thankfully, it's about 4 grand more than what I'd pay...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

That little 4 banger takes up most of the engine compartment. Be the only one on your block with an underpowered bullet nose mud bog vehicle!

Comment

That little 4 banger takes up most of the engine compartment. Be the only one on your block with an underpowered bullet nose mud bog vehicle!

Comment

"If your Studebaker has a transplanted Diesel 4x4 chassis, you just might be a redneck!!!!!"

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

"If your Studebaker has a transplanted Diesel 4x4 chassis, you just might be a redneck!!!!!"

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

And before BP chimes it, it has no battery hold down! Funny thing, when I click on "View seller's other items" it indicates "This seller is not currently offering any items for sale."

Comment

And before BP chimes it, it has no battery hold down! Funny thing, when I click on "View seller's other items" it indicates "This seller is not currently offering any items for sale."

Comment

"Original Paint"?

ErnieR

Comment

"Original Paint"?

ErnieR

Comment

I don't think the '51 Tail light lenses quite quality it as a '51! It's a '50! That might be a pretty good driving machine though![^]

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't think the '51 Tail light lenses quite quality it as a '51! It's a '50! That might be a pretty good driving machine though![^]

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Being from Canada(yeah I know, Canada is of good size) he might be able to get a little help from one of the guys I spoke with in Calgary. He had a D50, but he pulled the motor out and plunked in a 302 Ford engine and drivetrain. The truck was a conglomeration from Dodge and Mitsubishi. Called it a Fordubishi, and painted the chassis purple and the body pink. He was pretty smart about this stuff, just weird like that. Hmmm, in this case we could do the same, pull the 84 hp engine out, put in a 302 engine and drivetrain. Funny thing is, the name it would have afterwards. Studebaker body, Ford drivetrain, and Mitsubishi and Dodge body, as well as any remaining Mitsubishi and Dodge parts still on the chassis. The identity crisis from nowhere, lol. But I gotta commend his creativity and the possibility of being able to haul small heavy loads with it, just not very fast(it is a small diesel truck under there.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Being from Canada(yeah I know, Canada is of good size) he might be able to get a little help from one of the guys I spoke with in Calgary. He had a D50, but he pulled the motor out and plunked in a 302 Ford engine and drivetrain. The truck was a conglomeration from Dodge and Mitsubishi. Called it a Fordubishi, and painted the chassis purple and the body pink. He was pretty smart about this stuff, just weird like that. Hmmm, in this case we could do the same, pull the 84 hp engine out, put in a 302 engine and drivetrain. Funny thing is, the name it would have afterwards. Studebaker body, Ford drivetrain, and Mitsubishi and Dodge body, as well as any remaining Mitsubishi and Dodge parts still on the chassis. The identity crisis from nowhere, lol. But I gotta commend his creativity and the possibility of being able to haul small heavy loads with it, just not very fast(it is a small diesel truck under there.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

The big attraction for me is the diesel engine...

I'd prefer it not be 4WD, but it actually sits pretty decent- not as high as I would have thought; although it looks a though the tires may be hitting the rear of the fenders.

Too big price, too long distance... good for me

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

The big attraction for me is the diesel engine...

I'd prefer it not be 4WD, but it actually sits pretty decent- not as high as I would have thought; although it looks a though the tires may be hitting the rear of the fenders.

Too big price, too long distance... good for me

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X