1937 Studebaker Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Studebaker Sedan

I have been looking at this car on and off for quite awhile now. What is it really worth?

the price hasn't moved any and I want to say its been 6 months or longer now online...

here is the link: http://www.haggleme.com/Vehicle/3008...01337231350909

Might be worth it, but it would bear an in-person inspection first.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

This looks like a fairly nice 37.
      It is a non overdrive car which will limit top cruising speed.
      It is missing a few small trim pieces that I can see and has no radio.
      The body looks nice but a close inspection would be worth it.
      I think the price might be a tad on the high side but it is in decent shape.

Comment

Could be the web site. How many people have ever heard of it? Appears to be a very nice original car.
        Last edited by doug; 04-14-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Lesseeee.... what's the name of that site? HAGGLEME? What does that infer???
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

yah.. looks like they have 21 Studebakers for sale.. maybe they are an auction service or something

Comment

I would love to see these cars bring a higher price like similar Fords or Chevys. If this car runs as good as it looks it should make a great driver. I started with a much cheaper and incomplete car and after years of working on it part time I now have a car that looks good and is dependable. It looks like the main thing this car needs is new paint above the belt line. An engine rebuild can easily run $3000, so if it needs motor work then the price is too high.
              George Cagle
              North Alabama Chapter

1937 Dictator
              1947 M5
              1948 Commander
              1963 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by 63avanti. View Post
                yah.. looks like they have 21 Studebakers for sale.. maybe they are an auction service or something
                Maybe the term "haggle" is generational??? When I was growing up (and even now in my late 60s) to haggle means to hash out a deal. Offer - COUNTER-offer - that's what haggling is. It means he's open to offers. It doesn't mean "Hey! This is THE price." SO - if you're interested in the car - low-ball it! Offer the seller $4K. Offer him less than that! All he can do is say no - maybe laugh at you - OR - reply: Ah, how's about $4500??? Or he says NO and you offer a bit more. Believe me, you just DO NOT KNOW what kinda deal you might find yourself with. I've landed cars that I'd have been happy to give five figures for - for a couiple hundred bucks. You won't know til you make an offer to haggle around!
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                  Maybe the term "haggle" is generational??? When I was growing up (and even now in my late 60s) to haggle means to hash out a deal. Offer - COUNTER-offer - that's what haggling is. It means he's open to offers. It doesn't mean "Hey! This is THE price." SO - if you're interested in the car - low-ball it! Offer the seller $4K. Offer him less than that! All he can do is say no - maybe laugh at you - OR - reply: Ah, how's about $4500??? Or he says NO and you offer a bit more. Believe me, you just DO NOT KNOW what kinda deal you might find yourself with. I've landed cars that I'd have been happy to give five figures for - for a couiple hundred bucks. You won't know til you make an offer to haggle around!
                  I did know what the word means. just wasn't sure if anyone had heard of the company before or if $8500 was a good price for that year car/style. I had no intentions of offering 8500. I figure that's just a starting price for them and i'll go low if I decide to offer then maybe meet in the middle..

Comment

The blue '66 Riviera kinda trips my trigger. Used to have one, same color.
                    Last edited by Studedude; 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

as others have said, it looks "nice" and supposedly runs. i'd have to look at it or have some one (SDC member?) that knows pre-war Studebakers in the area of Michigan (231 area code) - if the vehicle is actually at that location. 6 months for sale on a not so well known site is a long time.

wouldn't hurt to "drop a dime" to the number listed and see if you can get actual information about her. at that price for a '37 i'd think there were some problems not mentioned.

and, anyone can name their business anything as long as it's PC.

let us know what happens if you pursue this!
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                      X