Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your inpractical(unatainable) dream car(I'll explain if you read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your inpractical(unatainable) dream car(I'll explain if you read)

Let me start off by saying Studebaker is my favorite car brand, not just (but also very much) for the cars, it's also the history, the inovation, what they did for america, with all the acvancements, and well the balls they had in the face of death, that is until 65/66 season. When I say that I'm talkin' crazy high output supercharged racing engines in anything you wanted it in, factory disc brakes, fibreglass sports cars, you know in 1963 where else could you order a small brown economy station wagon, with factory installed supercharged engine, and a 4 on the floor. They mean it when when they say we invented cool. That being said I love all kinds of cars, I can't truly pick a favorite car, but when I make my list I seperate them into two groups. Practical dream cars, cars I can and hopefully will someday own such as 53/54 C/K, GT hawk, um... any hawk, 65 buick riv, 72 buick riv, 39 lincoln zehpyr, and many more, it's a long list. Then there is the inpractical dream cars the cars I'll never own, and I know it. These are the cars I wanted to ask you about, what is you inpractical dream car or cars. Here's an example....... My top three inpractical Saoutchik Bucciali TAV 8-32 V12 Berline 'Fleche d'Or' 1932, mouthfull aint it. I think this car is pure evil it looks as wicked as a car could look. The Chrysler Norseman, lying in wait 160 feet under water.......So sad, I truly love this I want to save it, pull it from the depths of the ocean and finish it's journey to America, to me the best concept car. The other thing about this one is I'm borderline obsessed with sunken ships and there stories, so this story really apealed to me. And last but certainly not least The 1948 tal-bot lago T26 sportsman with body work by Saoutchik, simply goegous. Such a pretty car I don't like the colors to be honest, but the body.............. Wow. So those are my inpractical favorites, wht are yours I'd love to know Be it brand x, concours, or Studebaker please tell what unatainable car are you in love with, it doesn't have to be alive or dead just completely inpractical to ever have a chance of owning.

There is so much neat stuff out there, this is a hard one to narrow down - -BUT- - I have wanted an original Ford GT-40 since the 1st one I saw, then after reading and hearing about them and watching them in Vintage races later, it's gotta' be in the top few. We have been very fortunate (lucky?) in our lives, having some really neat cars, and the 1st original "dream car" for me (before the GT 40) was an Avanti, which we finally got in 1988 and enjoyed till 2010. In reality, some kind of super wild, unique, one of a kind, but usable truck would be the most practical dream vehicle to own if limited to one vehicle, ha !

Comment

Mercedes 300SL gullwing or roadseter from the fifties, 289 Cobra or Daytona Cobra coupe, Ferrari GTO or Ferrari Dino from the sixties. No modern cars ever edge onto the dream list.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Aston-Martin DB5 (with modifications); the 1966 Batmobile; Cord 812.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

A pristeen V12 Packard Roadster that would never wear out,fade, or even get dirty. No matter where or how far or fast I drove it!
          Neil Thornton

Comment

I actually want a used car.
            It has low mileage on it.
            Just a little dusty.

Even found a service manual for it.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              [COLOR=#000080][B]I actually want a used car.
              It has low mileage on it.
              Just a little dusty.
              What's the problem? That one is free-for-the-taking. All you have to do is go pick it up and haul it home!

Craig

Comment

This is easy, 1954 Kaiser Darin.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                  Let me start off by saying Studebaker is my favorite car brand, not just (but also very much) for the cars, it's also the history, the inovation, what they did for america, with all the acvancements, and well the balls they had in the face of death, that is until 65/66 season. When I say that I'm talkin' crazy high output supercharged racing engines in anything you wanted it in, factory disc brakes, fibreglass sports cars, you know in 1963 where else could you order a small brown economy station wagon, with factory installed supercharged engine, and a 4 on the floor. They mean it when when they say we invented cool. That being said I love all kinds of cars, I can't truly pick a favorite car, but when I make my list I seperate them into two groups. Practical dream cars, cars I can and hopefully will someday own such as 53/54 C/K, GT hawk, um... any hawk, 65 buick riv, 72 buick riv, 39 lincoln zehpyr, and many more, it's a long list. Then there is the inpractical dream cars the cars I'll never own, and I know it. These are the cars I wanted to ask you about, what is you inpractical dream car or cars. Here's an example....... My top three inpractical ...The Chrysler Norseman, lying in wait 160 feet under water.......So sad, I truly love this I want to save it, pull it from the depths of the ocean and finish it's journey to America, to me the best concept car. The other thing about this one is I'm borderline obsessed with sunken ships and there stories, so this story really apealed to me. ... And last but certainly not least The 1948 tal-bot lago T26 sportsman with body work by Saoutchik, simply goegous. Such a pretty car I don't like the colors to be honest, but the body.............. Wow. So those are my inpractical favorites, wht are yours I'd love to know Be it brand x, concours, or Studebaker please tell what unatainable car are you in love with, it doesn't have to be alive or dead just completely inpractical to ever have a chance of owning.
                  I have always thought it would be neat to have one each of the top of the line '55 Chrysler products, preferable convertibles and/or hardtops and one each of the '56 performance models (Plymouth Fury, Dodge D-500, Chrysler 300) and '56 Desoto and Imperial. I have also always fancied Sunbeam Tigers.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Rare and expensive - I love the Facel Vega HK500.
                    (bonus - it's got a Hemi)

The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I would like a 66-67 427 Cobra even though I wouldn't fit very well in it with size 14 shoes. My second choice would be one of Richard Petty's 67 Plymouths that he used to set the record in NASCAR for wins. I think I could fit in that one except I would have to crawl thru the window to get in.

Comment

There is a question, I can't answer, is it the old or the new one (Typ 35 or Veyron), which is unatainable for me ?

I guess both

Walter

80 Fiat Spider
                        63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
                        60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
                        56 Golden Hawk
                        56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
                        68 Volvo P1800S
                        56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

Comment

The Bugatti on the right side does have Swiss licence plates
                          sigpic

Comment

Funny...in retrospect, how my dream car has evolved and become a moving target over the years. To expand this train of thought...think about your overall dreams and ambitions through the years. Some of mine are rather embarrassing when viewed with the acquisition of wisdom only age and experience provides.

In my younger hormone fueled years...almost any of the high powered flashy cars of the "big three" would have worked for me. Studebaker was not even a consideration. One of my early dream cars would have been any simple stock A Model Ford. My uncle's A Model and the one my older brother had in high school provided me many great memories of the quaint little cars that I sweetly savor to this day.

My Studebaker quest began quite accidentally when I stumbled on the bargain 55 truck you see in my signature pic nearly 4 decades ago. The acquisition of my '48 Business coupe is one fulfillment of one of my dream cars. Not specifically that it was a Studebaker or a '48...but that it was a business coupe. The business coupe thing was another type of car introduced to me by my brother when he was in high school and I happened to be the snot nosed little brother allowed to tag along.

At age 68, my current dream car would be a Studebaker of the 1930's. Most preferred would be a '37, but I wouldn't turn away any pre-war Studebaker in decent shape and affordable.

Like most of us...tempered by experience and age..."dream cars" begin to move a little lower on the priority list. My "dream" ambition is now a bit more humble...like, being able to "spring" out of bed in the morning, walk in a straight line, find the cars I already own will still crank and run...and be able to occasionally ride my motorcycle.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That''s an easy answer for an ex-Toyota mechanic

1967 Toyota 2000GT.

Scarce as hens teeth and twice as expensive. They sold for just under $7000 in 1970, the year I began working for a Toyota dealer. Like an idiot, I bought a Pontiac Firebird for $3280. Loved the 2000GT but liked my beer money more. In 1983 I found one in a showroom in New Hampshire with a price tag of $52,000 on it and realized I'd royally screwed up by not sacrificing beer, good times and girls in order to get one of those hand-built-by-Yamaha beauties.

Today, NADA Classic Car Guide has it as $439,300 low retail, $572,400 average retail, and $638,400 high retail.

Last edited by hausdok; 04-08-2013, 08:47 AM.
                              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                              Kenmore, Washington
                              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                              '69 Pontiac Firebird
                              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
                              X