1961 Hawk 289P sold for scrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk 289P sold for scrap

Finally i got lucky more so did the car as it was very close to being crushed. 1961 Hawk 289P Auto, bucket seats, Sun visor, AZ car 99% Rust free with one small hole in the rear lower trunk lid channel. the motor turns over and looks like it will run, starters locked up. the car was stripped, primed and tapped off, was ready for paint 5+ years ago.
    61V17316

On the way hauling her back home someone sold me a 1961 V 4 door lark rust free, ohv 6 with auto, has most the trim and glass, it was going to the scrap yard as well, The lark is up for sale or parts. Clean titles.
    USASTUDE

Do you have any photo to post. That way we can vicariously enjoy your good fortune. Hope I spelled vicariously correctly.

Comment

Two good saves! Good luck with them.

Comment

Excellent, Keith; congratulations and best wishes. Cool beans. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket442 View Post
          On the way hauling her back home someone sold me a 1961 V 4 door lark rust free, ohv 6 with auto, has most the trim and glass, it was going to the scrap yard as well, The lark is up for sale or parts. Clean titles.
          That Cast Iron Case, Low Gear Start, Flight-O-Matic in the '61 Lark 6, is a KEEPER for some lucky North/South Easterner!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Now for the $64,000 question: Is the Lark a Regal or Deluxe?

Comment

Keith, PM sent.
              Jim
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket442 View Post
                Finally i got lucky more so did the car as it was very close to being crushed. 1961 Hawk 289P Auto, bucket seats, Sun visor, AZ car 99% Rust free with one small hole in the rear lower trunk lid channel. the motor turns over and looks like it will run, starters locked up. the car was stripped, primed and tapped off, was ready for paint 5+ years ago.
                61V17316

..........And what are your plans for the Hawk?
                Bo

Comment

The Lark front fenders are hacked for 4 head lights.
                  The Hawk looks original with correct hardware.

Angel of death walked up to my wife and i in las vegas two weeks ago, within the last few weeks for some reason random people keep preaching to me, then some guy stops by as my 1959 Hawk rust bucket was pushed out as my Rotisserie was under construction, The guy said his son is one of the worlds top pro builder bla bla bla and would do all the sheet metal work for free then he says he is so rich he doesn't need the money he just loves to help people out, never seen him again go figure. 2 days later is when i found the rust free 1961 Hawk and when all the money is added up it was free. Is this a coincident or what.

The 1961 Hawk will under go a factory correct restoration, color unknown yet but will be year correct plus add power steering for the wife.
                  Attached Files
                  USASTUDE

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130408_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1679700

Name:	WP_20130408_003.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1679702

Name:	WP_20130408_006.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1679701
                    USASTUDE

Comment

Looks like the Lark is a Regal. Looking good in Blaze! The Hawk looks great, too! They would be a big hit "Back East"!

Comment

Looks like a much better Hawk to restore than the 59 you bought. Did you ever get the engine out of the machine shop?
                        You should have gotten the guys contact info for body work!!
                        64 Champ long bed V8
                        55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                        53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Does the Hawk have a Serial Number plate?

That is a rare/unusual windshield visor on the Hawk.

It is hard for someone from New York to believe that that Hawk floor is more than one year old.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                            Looks like the Lark is a Regal. Looking good in Blaze! The Hawk looks great, too! They would be a big hit "Back East"!
                            And here's how nice it can look!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=blaze

Craig

Comment

Man I want to be jealous but, I can't have any misgivings towards a stude getting saved.

Comment

Working...
                              X