63 Lark 2 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Lark 2 door

Is this a good buy? It looks good to me. http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/3712987107.html

Doesn't look like rust under hood, may need both frt. fenders. If it was close, I would want to go see it up close. Seems like a decent price.
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

'63 Lark Custom 8 2 dr.

It IS a Lark Custom, top of the line 2 Door, with V8 Overdrive, not bad at all.

You really do not find those everyday!

The perfect candidate to make another
      Stude. Tomato Car!

The price may be close to "in line" depending on how Bad the Floors/Door Posts and Trunk are rusted.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I agree with the above statements except for the price. That looks like a fabulous price for the model car we're looking at, but I would still offer $900 and go from there. You never know unless you ask, right? Rust would be the only issue for me. If its only in the floors and front fenders... jump all over that deal. If the frame is rotted, walk away. Floors are not that tough to work on, and front Lark fenders are still plentiful. Pay for the Greyhound shipping from a dry state to get good fenders. You'll save a bundle in the long run on rust repair. I would keep the 3 speed OD, but move it to a floor shift. They're more fun. Eventually trade in a T85, unless it already has one. Stronger trans. If you can't tell already, I love those 63 2 door sedans. The only improvement for me would be to bolt on a 64 front clip instead. I LOVE the square front of the 64 with the round tail lights and sculpted rear of the 63s.
        Let us know what happens. And good luck.
        sals54

Comment

Looks to me the car has potential. Aside from what the others have said it appears to have tinted glass all around too. That can be a small plus in the summer. I couldn't agree more than what Sal has said.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

what Sal and Mr. Webb said.

if it was "in the neighborhood" (a day's drive) to me, i'd certainly take a look. it would depend on how much "has rust" (stated in the ad) was underneath, whether or not she'd be coming home with me...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I would buy it if it was close to me. I don't think that it is worth it if I have to add on shipping.
              To me, it is a plus that it does not have power steering or power brakes/disc.
              From the pictures, the need for a good set of front fenders or repair sections is the biggest thing that is apparant. Of course, the "not running" leaves a lot open.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think is it a good price,or offer less since he seems to want to sell it!. Fenders rusty but stick O/D V8 good combo.Looks like it was taken care of and has lots of options. Good Luck, let us know how it goes..

Comment

I have numerous new pictures if anyone is interested. It's well worth the money if it were close enough to me, but with the added shipping, I don't think it's worth it. Let me know if anyone wants more pics and I'll email them. The pics are too big to attach here.

Comment

Looking at the picture from under the hood it looks like the car was rose mist. Maybe the outside faded or was repainted.

Comment

It looks almost like a carbon copy of the one we just bought! Yep, that's Rose Mist alright!
                      I had the similar confusion when we got mine, they thought it was a Champaigne Gold, when it was really just a very faded Rose Mist color. It's got a similar interior to mine with the vanity tray, except theirs looks a little more complete, and has a engine and transmission. Mines also a Daytona hardtop, while theirs is a 2 door. I think the question is, what do you want to do with it, and how much work do you want to throw at it? I've taken a shine to the one I've bought, but I'll have to strip everything out, and clean it up, before I transplant everything from the Commander into it. If you really want it, check the floors and frame underneath of it. If the frame is gone, I'll pass on it, unless I want another parts car. It looks like the condition is similar to mine, it looks solid from the photo, but the trim is missing from it, it has the classic Lark front fender rust, and I'll bet there's a few holes in the floor that will need to be patched up. Aside from that, I see a good early Super Lark candidate, but that's me.
                      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Way better deal than the 58 sliver hawk I looked at today for the same money. At least this one looks like it has a frame and floors and the motor is complete.

Comment

Hey!!!! I wanna see the pictures !!!! Post more pix. I would love to see more of this car.
                          sals54

Comment

Here are some pics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sooooo...... Where's the rust??? That car looks like a fabulous buy, according to the pix above. Why isn't it already in your driveway??? Just imagine that car with a nice set of wheels on it, dual exhaust rumbling, floor shift, lowered stance and rockin the local car show! ! ! ! ! You can't go wrong with low and loud. I can guarantee that heads will turn. Believe me, people are sick and tired of Mustangs and Camaros. They would flock to see the new kid on the block, fer sher.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X