Napa Auto Show and My Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napa Auto Show and My Classic Car

For those that would like to watch, the episode of My Classic Car that features my truck at the Napa Main Street Reunion car show last year, will be airing on April 14, 16, and 21st. Look for season 17, episode 11.

The organizers of the Napa car show have completed the posters for this year's event in August of this year. As you may recall, the winners of last year's Best of Show awards are featured in the artwork. I wanted to place the poster on the forum but couldn't figure out how to do it due to re-sizing requirements that are beyond my capabilities.

I was able to place it on the cover of April's Hawk Talks which is now available online. Check it out and read the two stories I wrote about this amazing opportunity that was laid on me last year.

www.hawktalks.com.

That's right - Studebaker has been recognized!
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

A lot of good looking Studebakers! Thanks for sharing ! Will try to catch it on TV.
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Way too nice! Congrats, Jon.
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I've been checking the www.myclassiccar.com website looking for the episode 11 preview. It's on there now and I was pleasantly surprised to see that out of almost 400 cars at the show, the two minute preview showed all 5 of the 5 Studebakers that were there. How cool is that!
        Last edited by Sdude; 04-06-2013, 07:48 AM.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thought I would bump this up. The first airing is tonight.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I am recording it on Tuesday. It is on the same time as Vikings and Amazing Race tonight. Spoiler alert! LOL
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Jon,

Congrats! This is absolutely awesome! It's always a great day when Studebakers get a little bit of much-deserved spotlight. I missed the airing tonight, but I'm going to record the Tuesday one just to be sure I can see it. Keep up the good work!!
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I caught the show last night. You and your truck both "Lookin' Good" Jon. although I only saw 4 Studebakers. I must have missed one.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Just saw the show this morning, the Napa valley looks like the ideal setting for any show, with all those intersecting streets Dennis must have been covering a lot of ground! Bucket list show for sure.
                  Great seeing you show off your truck as well as seeing at least 2 other Studes?
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Congrats, sir ! Your truck looks mighty nice, and you certainly seemed like a good ambassador! ( no, Bob P., not as in Rambler Ambassador !, ha ! ) I spotted a couple more trucks and the pink 55, but there were also some mighty fine brand X's there. Hard to top California for cars, isn't it ? Karen and I got on Dennis's show during the 1st one for the year when he came to Hawaii. Her smiling face and driving our 52 Ford truck, and me in the 63 Mini, but we only got shown driving by. It is still pretty cool, and Dennis is such a nice fellow. We had met him at a Shelby meet several years back, and he actually remembered us and our subjects from back then !! I know you are proud, and you have a right to be, so again, congrats !

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                      I caught the show last night. You and your truck both "Lookin' Good" Jon. although I only saw 4 Studebakers. I must have missed one.
                      They showed the Pink 55, the other 2R truck in black and silver, My truck, and you can see both GT Hawks that were parked next to me. The Burmuda Brown one belongs to our club Vice president, Johna and they did a nice close-up of it with the sign she had made that included Dennis' picture when he drove it at a fundraiser event for the CAM. Dennis signed that sign and you can see it in the close-up. You can also see our club treasurer Johanna's black GT Hawk parked next to Johna's brown GT H. That's five and I believe there were no more than five at the entire show of 400 very cool cars.

I think it was pretty special that out of 400 great looking cars, Dennis managed to include all five of the Studebakers that were there. He really is a friend of Studebakers.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Congrats and well done!

Good to see your great truck and the other Studes.
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong but all I can get is episode 10 w/ Jay Leno.
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

'Just saw the episode, John; cool beans! You did a nice job. I believe Dennis is sincere when he says he likes Studes...does he still have his Gran Turismo Hawk?

'Hard to believe the guy with the 1953 Chrysler Newport hardtop his father bought new, the last car featured, falsely identified the car's 331 hemi as the "baby hemi."

It's not and never was; "baby hemi" was the term given to the little 241 and then 270 cubic inch hemi V8 for some 1953-1955 Dodges, not the big, original 331 hemi that went in the first Chryslers, including his father's '53.

The guy was simply wrong to call his car's engine a baby hemi. Since his Dad bought the car new, you'd think he would have picked up the correct engine nomenclature somewhere in the last 60 years, which is simply, "original hemi." (And it was no slip of the tongue; both he and Dennis repeated "baby hemi" a couple times to make sure everybody listening would get it wrong, too, now thinking every enormous 331 Chrysler is a "baby." Sheesh.)

Oh, well; thank goodness the error had nothing to do with your truck, Jon. Again, you were lookin' good. Congrats. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

In my circles the 331 and 354 are called baby hemis as they are not 392 cubic inch.
                              A form of derision? Perhaps.They do not command the respect (nor the dollars) of a 392. Size does matter
                              I dont believe the owner is wrong calling it a baby hemi as in the hierarchy of hemi engines they are commonly called that.
                              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                              X